Allegheny County councilman cited for DUI
Published: Monday, December 31, 2012, 9:02 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 2, 2013
An Allegheny County councilman apologized on Monday for being cited over the weekend for driving under the influence in Venango County.
Robert J. Macey, 64, who represents District 9, which includes his home in West Mifflin and several other Mon Valley communities, said he was driving to a friend's cabin when his vehicle went into a ditch on an icy road around 8:30 a.m. Saturday. He said there were no injuries, no property damage and minor damage to his vehicle.
Macey, who explained he had been drinking the night before but not Saturday morning, said he was examined by firefighters who summoned state police.
“I apologize to my constituents,” said Macey, adding that he has entered an appropriate treatment program. “I'm ashamed. I messed up. Now, I want to do what's right.”
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Officials identify Homewood toddler killed in East Hills shooting
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Peduto secures Democratic nomination for Pittsburgh mayor
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- 2 Washington County high schools get bomb threats
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
He should resign