Allegheny County councilman cited for DUI
An Allegheny County councilman apologized on Monday for being cited over the weekend for driving under the influence in Venango County.
Robert J. Macey, 64, who represents District 9, which includes his home in West Mifflin and several other Mon Valley communities, said he was driving to a friend's cabin when his vehicle went into a ditch on an icy road around 8:30 a.m. Saturday. He said there were no injuries, no property damage and minor damage to his vehicle.
Macey, who explained he had been drinking the night before but not Saturday morning, said he was examined by firefighters who summoned state police.
“I apologize to my constituents,” said Macey, adding that he has entered an appropriate treatment program. “I'm ashamed. I messed up. Now, I want to do what's right.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Pittsburgh police rescue 1-year-old buckled into stolen car
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers