Allegheny County councilman cited for DUI
An Allegheny County councilman apologized on Monday for being cited over the weekend for driving under the influence in Venango County.
Robert J. Macey, 64, who represents District 9, which includes his home in West Mifflin and several other Mon Valley communities, said he was driving to a friend's cabin when his vehicle went into a ditch on an icy road around 8:30 a.m. Saturday. He said there were no injuries, no property damage and minor damage to his vehicle.
Macey, who explained he had been drinking the night before but not Saturday morning, said he was examined by firefighters who summoned state police.
“I apologize to my constituents,” said Macey, adding that he has entered an appropriate treatment program. “I'm ashamed. I messed up. Now, I want to do what's right.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Penn State suffers home loss to Radford
- Penn State-West Virginia rivalry renews at Elite Eight
- NFL notebook: Manning will miss at least 2 more weeks
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf: ‘Theatrics’ holding up budget
- West Virginia football team finds late-season mean streak