Allegheny County councilman cited for DUI
An Allegheny County councilman apologized on Monday for being cited over the weekend for driving under the influence in Venango County.
Robert J. Macey, 64, who represents District 9, which includes his home in West Mifflin and several other Mon Valley communities, said he was driving to a friend's cabin when his vehicle went into a ditch on an icy road around 8:30 a.m. Saturday. He said there were no injuries, no property damage and minor damage to his vehicle.
Macey, who explained he had been drinking the night before but not Saturday morning, said he was examined by firefighters who summoned state police.
“I apologize to my constituents,” said Macey, adding that he has entered an appropriate treatment program. “I'm ashamed. I messed up. Now, I want to do what's right.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- EPA diktats: Pushing back
- Shell shovels millions into proposed Beaver County plant site
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp