Point Breeze man sentenced for fatal crash
An Allegheny County judge on Thursday sentenced a tow truck driver to five to 10 years in prison for causing a fatal crash in Penn Hills.
Common Pleas Judge Philip A. Ignelzi also sentenced Duane Woodson, 51, of Point Breeze to three years' probation.
Police said Woodson crossed the center line of Milltown Road about 1 p.m. on May 12 and slammed head on into a car driven by Christine Beilstein, 45, of Plum.
Beilstein was killed and her 9-year-old son is recovering from severe head injuries.
Police said Woodson attempted to flee on foot.
Woodson pleaded guilty in October to 18 charges, including homicide by vehicle, accidents involving death or personal injury while not properly licensed and driving on the wrong side of the road.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victory
- Game Commission aims to settle controversy through study
- Star Hayward enjoys go-to role for St. Francis (Pa.)
- Frye: Early peek at 2015 seasons
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Financial fraudster used investors’ lucre to freeze dead wife, feds contend
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- No movement yet on Afghan cabinet