Point Breeze man sentenced for fatal crash
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 7:26 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
An Allegheny County judge on Thursday sentenced a tow truck driver to five to 10 years in prison for causing a fatal crash in Penn Hills.
Common Pleas Judge Philip A. Ignelzi also sentenced Duane Woodson, 51, of Point Breeze to three years' probation.
Police said Woodson crossed the center line of Milltown Road about 1 p.m. on May 12 and slammed head on into a car driven by Christine Beilstein, 45, of Plum.
Beilstein was killed and her 9-year-old son is recovering from severe head injuries.
Police said Woodson attempted to flee on foot.
Woodson pleaded guilty in October to 18 charges, including homicide by vehicle, accidents involving death or personal injury while not properly licensed and driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators captain Alfredsson clarifies comments following Game 4
- Golden opportunity awaits
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Ambridge, North Allegheny defend WPIAL volleyball championships
- Seton-La Salle boys win WPIAL lacrosse title
- West Mifflin softball shifts focus to consolation game
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.