Missing Castle Shannon woman found on Port Authority bus
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 4:20 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 3, 2013
A Castle Shannon woman missing since New Year's Eve was found safe Thursday afternoon on a Port Authority bus in East Liberty, police said.
Joan Lynn Meissonier, 59, left her Castle Shannon home without her medication sometime after 2 p.m. Monday. She told her family she wanted to live on the streets, police said.
Castle Shannon police said an acquaintance spotted Meissonier on a bus shortly after noon Thursday and notified her family, who called police and had officers meet her in East Liberty. She was confused from not taking her medications but otherwise appeared to be in good health, police said.
Police thanked citizens and fellow law enforcement agencies for the tips and assistance in locating Meissonier.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Woman charged in fatal Lawrence County accident that killed cyclist
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Pirates starters Locke, Wandy enjoying good fortune
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.