Missing Castle Shannon woman found on Port Authority bus
A Castle Shannon woman missing since New Year's Eve was found safe Thursday afternoon on a Port Authority bus in East Liberty, police said.
Joan Lynn Meissonier, 59, left her Castle Shannon home without her medication sometime after 2 p.m. Monday. She told her family she wanted to live on the streets, police said.
Castle Shannon police said an acquaintance spotted Meissonier on a bus shortly after noon Thursday and notified her family, who called police and had officers meet her in East Liberty. She was confused from not taking her medications but otherwise appeared to be in good health, police said.
Police thanked citizens and fellow law enforcement agencies for the tips and assistance in locating Meissonier.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Warrants issued for women accused of prostitution in New Stanton sting
- NFL notebook: Gifford had CTE, family says
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Obama signs $607B Defense bill but blasts GOP limits for Gitmo
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Pizza delivery woman robbed in Greensburg
- Russia’s crackdown in predominantly Muslim region fuels exodus to ISIS
- ‘Crisis mode’ near at U.S.-Mexico line as nearly 5,000 children try to cross border in October