Missing Castle Shannon woman found on Port Authority bus
A Castle Shannon woman missing since New Year's Eve was found safe Thursday afternoon on a Port Authority bus in East Liberty, police said.
Joan Lynn Meissonier, 59, left her Castle Shannon home without her medication sometime after 2 p.m. Monday. She told her family she wanted to live on the streets, police said.
Castle Shannon police said an acquaintance spotted Meissonier on a bus shortly after noon Thursday and notified her family, who called police and had officers meet her in East Liberty. She was confused from not taking her medications but otherwise appeared to be in good health, police said.
Police thanked citizens and fellow law enforcement agencies for the tips and assistance in locating Meissonier.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Air Algerie plane with 116 disappears from radar in Africa
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Transplant patients in limbo over coverage under UPMC-Highmark pact
- EQT posts $110.9 million profit in latest quarter