Judge renominated for 3rd Circuit appeals court
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 5:48 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
President Obama has renominated a federal judge from New Jersey to serve on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes Western Pennsylvania, the White House announced Thursday.
Judge Patty Shwartz, 51, has served as a U.S. magistrate judge for the United District Court in Newark since 2003. She was a federal prosecutor in New Jersey between 1989 and 2002.
“Today, I am renominating 33 highly qualified candidates for the federal bench, including many who could have and should have been confirmed before the Senate adjourned,” Obama said in a news release.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Peduto secures Democratic nomination for Pittsburgh mayor
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Cozza, Tranquilli win nods for judge
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Bilik DeFazio leads race on both ballots
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for Armstrong sheriff
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.