Judge renominated for 3rd Circuit appeals court
President Obama has renominated a federal judge from New Jersey to serve on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes Western Pennsylvania, the White House announced Thursday.
Judge Patty Shwartz, 51, has served as a U.S. magistrate judge for the United District Court in Newark since 2003. She was a federal prosecutor in New Jersey between 1989 and 2002.
“Today, I am renominating 33 highly qualified candidates for the federal bench, including many who could have and should have been confirmed before the Senate adjourned,” Obama said in a news release.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- 5 juveniles injured in Washington County crash
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- New Ken police arrest cobbler robbery suspects
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Norvelt residents try to preserve community history’s link to Roosevelts
- Roundup: Prices for some Starbucks drinks to go up; more
- Crude oil tumble signals low gasoline prices this fall
- Torn thumb ligament puts Pirates’ Harrison on 15-day disabled list