Judge renominated for 3rd Circuit appeals court
President Obama has renominated a federal judge from New Jersey to serve on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which includes Western Pennsylvania, the White House announced Thursday.
Judge Patty Shwartz, 51, has served as a U.S. magistrate judge for the United District Court in Newark since 2003. She was a federal prosecutor in New Jersey between 1989 and 2002.
“Today, I am renominating 33 highly qualified candidates for the federal bench, including many who could have and should have been confirmed before the Senate adjourned,” Obama said in a news release.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Rangers clip Penguins, take 2-1 series lead
- Cubs’ rookie third baseman Bryant helps send Pirates to defeat
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Scoring struggles linger for Penguins 2nd line
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
- LaBar: WWE bans finishing move of top star