Sword in cane used in Armstrong County stabbing
A man was stabbed in the leg with a sword during a fight Thursday afternoon in the parking lot of the Hilltop Plaza near Kittanning.
East Franklin police Officer Robert Gahagan said police were called at 5:15 p.m. to the parking area near Walmart where a man in his 30s was involved in a “physical altercation” with a man in his mid-50s.
During the fight, the older man pulled a sword that was hidden inside his cane and stabbed the other man, Gahagan said. The wounded man was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Officers are consulting with the Armstrong County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges are warranted, Gahagan said. Names of the men won't be released until charges are filed, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Geibel goalie saves game during shootout, beats Carlynton
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Bortuzzo, if healthy, could provide much-needed physical presence on blue line for Penguins
- Riverview embracing underdog role in WPIAL first-round win