Sword in cane used in Armstrong County stabbing
A man was stabbed in the leg with a sword during a fight Thursday afternoon in the parking lot of the Hilltop Plaza near Kittanning.
East Franklin police Officer Robert Gahagan said police were called at 5:15 p.m. to the parking area near Walmart where a man in his 30s was involved in a “physical altercation” with a man in his mid-50s.
During the fight, the older man pulled a sword that was hidden inside his cane and stabbed the other man, Gahagan said. The wounded man was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Officers are consulting with the Armstrong County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges are warranted, Gahagan said. Names of the men won't be released until charges are filed, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Air Algerie plane with 116 disappears from radar in Africa
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Rising number of health care workers have less than 4-year degree, study shows
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect