Sword in cane used in Armstrong County stabbing
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 9:44 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
A man was stabbed in the leg with a sword during a fight Thursday afternoon in the parking lot of the Hilltop Plaza near Kittanning.
East Franklin police Officer Robert Gahagan said police were called at 5:15 p.m. to the parking area near Walmart where a man in his 30s was involved in a “physical altercation” with a man in his mid-50s.
During the fight, the older man pulled a sword that was hidden inside his cane and stabbed the other man, Gahagan said. The wounded man was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Officers are consulting with the Armstrong County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges are warranted, Gahagan said. Names of the men won't be released until charges are filed, he said.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Friend of man accused in soldier's death arrested at BBC after interview
- Smoking in school costs New Florence man more than a fine
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Still qualifies as a concealed weapon and if over a 4" blade is illegal.