Man sentenced to prison for 1988 rape of Pittsburgh woman
Published: Friday, January 4, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 5, 2013
An Allegheny County judge sentenced a California man to up to 8 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to raping a woman in Pittsburgh in 1988.
Common Pleas Judge Jill Rangos on Thursday sentenced Stevey Kiser, 56, of San Diego to 4 to 8 years in prison, followed by 3 years probation. He also must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Pittsburgh police charged Kiser with rape, assault, terroristic threats, unlawful restraint and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse after DNA evidence connected him to the attack of a woman outside of her Oakland apartment in August 1988.
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Man held for trial in sex assault
- Natrona idea takes wing
- Study: Traffic jams siphon $1B a year from region’s drivers
- Arnold bicycle reunion doesn’t work as hoped
- Everson resident accused of attacking woman with car
- VA wants no part of fines proposal
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Monongahela Valley Hospital fountain dedicated to Frye
- Man admits to having, intending to share pot
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.