Man sentenced to prison for 1988 rape of Pittsburgh woman
An Allegheny County judge sentenced a California man to up to 8 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to raping a woman in Pittsburgh in 1988.
Common Pleas Judge Jill Rangos on Thursday sentenced Stevey Kiser, 56, of San Diego to 4 to 8 years in prison, followed by 3 years probation. He also must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Pittsburgh police charged Kiser with rape, assault, terroristic threats, unlawful restraint and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse after DNA evidence connected him to the attack of a woman outside of her Oakland apartment in August 1988.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mon-Yough communities pick up litter, collect recyclables during Great American Cleanup
- Group strives to preserve memory of SS McKeesport
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- McCain renews push to have military, not CIA, manage drone strikes