Man sentenced to prison for 1988 rape of Pittsburgh woman
Published: Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
An Allegheny County judge sentenced a California man to up to 8 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to raping a woman in Pittsburgh in 1988.
Common Pleas Judge Jill Rangos on Thursday sentenced Stevey Kiser, 56, of San Diego to 4 to 8 years in prison, followed by 3 years probation. He also must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Pittsburgh police charged Kiser with rape, assault, terroristic threats, unlawful restraint and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse after DNA evidence connected him to the attack of a woman outside of her Oakland apartment in August 1988.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Steelers still have something worth playing for
- Ex-Pirates great Parker’s long wait for Hall of Fame could finally end
- Breaking down the Pirates’ needs entering winter meetings
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- Investors put squeeze on prospective homeowners’ American dreams
- Gorman: Will Aliquippa’s Pitt pipeline end with Henry?
- Kovacevic: On Melancon, Mandela, molding
- Egypt strikes a perilous repose
- Robinson: Video review reveals Steelers coach’s sideline movements in Baltimore were out of character
- Controversial Rooney Rule has opened door for NFL minority coaching candidates