Man sentenced to prison for 1988 rape of Pittsburgh woman
An Allegheny County judge sentenced a California man to up to 8 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to raping a woman in Pittsburgh in 1988.
Common Pleas Judge Jill Rangos on Thursday sentenced Stevey Kiser, 56, of San Diego to 4 to 8 years in prison, followed by 3 years probation. He also must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Pittsburgh police charged Kiser with rape, assault, terroristic threats, unlawful restraint and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse after DNA evidence connected him to the attack of a woman outside of her Oakland apartment in August 1988.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Policy to suspend employees with felony charges does not apply to Kane
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- House explodes in North Braddock
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of Subway spokesman
- Warrant issued for former Munhall borough manager after failing to appear for trial
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- Officials: F-16, small plane collide in midair over South Carolina
- Crazy Mocha owner likes comfort, says shrewd decisions foster growth
- Pennsylvania court rules police videos can be public records
- 6 PSU, Pitt, WVU players on watch lists for Maxwell, Bednarik awards
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game