Pittsburgh man flown to hospital following I-70 crash
A crash along Interstate 70 in Washington county sent a man to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter, according to authorities.
His vehicle crashed into a wall along the interstate. The man, whose name and age was not released, was in critical condition after being ejected from the vehicle, according to a 911 supervisor.
The accident occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at mile marker 22, which is west of the Interstate 79 interchange, officials said.
State police in Washington County are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds