Pittsburgh man flown to hospital following I-70 crash
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, 9:58 p.m.
A crash along Interstate 70 in Washington county sent a man to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter, according to authorities.
His vehicle crashed into a wall along the interstate. The man, whose name and age was not released, was in critical condition after being ejected from the vehicle, according to a 911 supervisor.
The accident occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at mile marker 22, which is west of the Interstate 79 interchange, officials said.
State police in Washington County are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- UFO, Bigfoot encounters to be discussed at Connellsville library program
- Donald turns down New York invite for NFL Draft
- Man found fatally shot in Larimer a mile away from Homewood peace march
- ‘Going downtown’ with dad, mom in ’50s among Connellsville antive’s treasured memories
- Chat with Dejan Kovacevic: April 18, 2014
- Champion church offers new sound effects for annual remembrance of Crucifixion
- Resurfacing part of Route 119 on list of PennDOT projects in Connellsville area
- Judge explains why suspect in East Liberty killings was freed
- Day of Giving to benefit Butler symphony
- Crash victim dies day after ‘horrific’ wreck in Armstrong County