Pittsburgh man flown to hospital following I-70 crash
A crash along Interstate 70 in Washington county sent a man to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter, according to authorities.
His vehicle crashed into a wall along the interstate. The man, whose name and age was not released, was in critical condition after being ejected from the vehicle, according to a 911 supervisor.
The accident occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at mile marker 22, which is west of the Interstate 79 interchange, officials said.
State police in Washington County are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Springfield Twp. family thankful despite blaze
- Mon Valley Leathernecks tackle Toys for Tots drive
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- On campus: Williams, Dukes gearing up for NCAA football playoffs
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Holiday cards evoke Pittsburgh cheer, benefit charities
- Review: Stephen King’s short stories in ‘The Bazaar of Bad Dreams’ still have bite