Pittsburgh man flown to hospital following I-70 crash
A crash along Interstate 70 in Washington county sent a man to a Pittsburgh hospital by medical helicopter, according to authorities.
His vehicle crashed into a wall along the interstate. The man, whose name and age was not released, was in critical condition after being ejected from the vehicle, according to a 911 supervisor.
The accident occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at mile marker 22, which is west of the Interstate 79 interchange, officials said.
State police in Washington County are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Pitt oversight of background checks for youth camp staffers was spotty, audit finds
- Pittsburgh has enough salt despite delivery refusal on Thursday, official says
- Loose barges on the Mon highlight woes of winter’s end
- PennDOT announces Parkway closings and single lanes for next week, weather permitting
- Train hits PennDOT truck plow in Indiana County, driver not hurt
- Angry fans cited in shortage of refs in Western Pennsylvania
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Victim identified in fatal shooting in West Mifflin
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche