Washington police arrest teen in fatal shooting
Washington police say a young intruder intending to steal guns shot two people in a home, killing one.
Police charged Brandon Wolowski, 18, of Washington with homicide, attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery in connection with the Tuesday night shootings.
Wolowski went to the home of Matthew O. Mathias, 37, to steal guns at about 7:30 p.m., police Chief Robert Lemons said.
Police found Mathias dead in the front yard. His girlfriend, whom police did not identify, ran to a neighbor's house for help, Lemons said. She suffered gunshot wounds to her face, chest and wrist but is expected to recover, Lemons said.
She identified Wolowski as the shooter. Police found him at an acquaintance's home about an hour later. He is being held at the Washington County Prison without bail.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- States clear way for startups to use crowdfunding