Washington police arrest teen in fatal shooting
Washington police say a young intruder intending to steal guns shot two people in a home, killing one.
Police charged Brandon Wolowski, 18, of Washington with homicide, attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery in connection with the Tuesday night shootings.
Wolowski went to the home of Matthew O. Mathias, 37, to steal guns at about 7:30 p.m., police Chief Robert Lemons said.
Police found Mathias dead in the front yard. His girlfriend, whom police did not identify, ran to a neighbor's house for help, Lemons said. She suffered gunshot wounds to her face, chest and wrist but is expected to recover, Lemons said.
She identified Wolowski as the shooter. Police found him at an acquaintance's home about an hour later. He is being held at the Washington County Prison without bail.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Zappala impersonator rips off Butler County business, state police say
- Ferrante defense’s opening statement points to wife’s symptoms
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Student arrested at Shaler High School in roundup of 35 Allegheny County drug dealers
- Shaler’s Schwartz earns WPIAL cross country 3-peat
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Woman taken into custody for fatal stabbing of male companion in Duquesne
- Parkway West off-ramps at Carnegie to close beginning Friday night
- New movie studio coming to McKees Rocks
- Ex-judge in Philadelphia charged with bribery, conspiracy in sting case
- Tom Wolf to visit Leechburg on Saturday