Washington police arrest teen in fatal shooting
Washington police say a young intruder intending to steal guns shot two people in a home, killing one.
Police charged Brandon Wolowski, 18, of Washington with homicide, attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery in connection with the Tuesday night shootings.
Wolowski went to the home of Matthew O. Mathias, 37, to steal guns at about 7:30 p.m., police Chief Robert Lemons said.
Police found Mathias dead in the front yard. His girlfriend, whom police did not identify, ran to a neighbor's house for help, Lemons said. She suffered gunshot wounds to her face, chest and wrist but is expected to recover, Lemons said.
She identified Wolowski as the shooter. Police found him at an acquaintance's home about an hour later. He is being held at the Washington County Prison without bail.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Living Water Church takes over Knights of Columbus building in Kittanning
- Ex-judge in Philadelphia charged with bribery, conspiracy in sting case
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of costing residents thousands, viewing porn on the job
- Allegheny County health officials call on retirement homes to stay vigilant on Legionella prevention
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta