Washington police arrest teen in fatal shooting
Washington police say a young intruder intending to steal guns shot two people in a home, killing one.
Police charged Brandon Wolowski, 18, of Washington with homicide, attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery in connection with the Tuesday night shootings.
Wolowski went to the home of Matthew O. Mathias, 37, to steal guns at about 7:30 p.m., police Chief Robert Lemons said.
Police found Mathias dead in the front yard. His girlfriend, whom police did not identify, ran to a neighbor's house for help, Lemons said. She suffered gunshot wounds to her face, chest and wrist but is expected to recover, Lemons said.
She identified Wolowski as the shooter. Police found him at an acquaintance's home about an hour later. He is being held at the Washington County Prison without bail.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Pa. auditor cites flaws in gas drilling regulation
- Victim of Monessen standoff committed suicide
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Freeport Invitational notebook: New title for FIBI founder
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Mountaineer workers fear smoking ban will harm ‘livelihood’
- Elizabeth police under new leadership
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases