Washington police arrest teen in fatal shooting
Washington police say a young intruder intending to steal guns shot two people in a home, killing one.
Police charged Brandon Wolowski, 18, of Washington with homicide, attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery in connection with the Tuesday night shootings.
Wolowski went to the home of Matthew O. Mathias, 37, to steal guns at about 7:30 p.m., police Chief Robert Lemons said.
Police found Mathias dead in the front yard. His girlfriend, whom police did not identify, ran to a neighbor's house for help, Lemons said. She suffered gunshot wounds to her face, chest and wrist but is expected to recover, Lemons said.
She identified Wolowski as the shooter. Police found him at an acquaintance's home about an hour later. He is being held at the Washington County Prison without bail.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Discipline Pitt’s only option against Georgia Tech
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Deepening U.S. commitment to Kobani ties Obama’s Islamic State effort to Kurds’ fate
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools