Electrical repairs to keep CCAC Boyce campus closed during weekend
The Boyce Campus of Community College of Allegheny County will close at 6 p.m. on Friday and remain closed through Sunday so contractors can perform emergency repairs to the electrical system, according to a college spokesman.
A project to replace transformers and wiring that caused power fluctuations and outages on the campus was scheduled during the Christmas holiday break, but parts for the roughly $94,000 in repairs were not available, said David Hoovler, CCAC spokesman.
“Students have been on break, so closing the campus likely only will affect people who wanted to go to the campus on Saturday for last-minute registration,” Hoovler said, adding that a notice was posted on the college's website and sent out via Twitter.
Classes are scheduled to resume on Monday, Hoovler said.
Tony LaRussa is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Pirates notebook: Sadler gets first Grapefruit start
- Winter storm causes flight cancellations
- Icy roads cause multiple vehicle accidents Sunday evening
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right
- Pitt women end regular season with win over Clemson
- National Weather Service predicts up to 7 inches of snow before Sunday night
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Vehicle windows broken in Brighton Heights and Spring Garden
- Coyotes proliferate despite year-round hunting