Pa. Turnpike traffic normal following car fire
Eastbound traffic along the Pennsylvania Turnpike was snarled between the Allegheny Valley and Monroeville exits late Wednesday afternoon because of a car fire, state police said.
There were no reported injuries in the fire that was reported at 5:41 p.m. and forced troopers to reduce traffic to a single lane in the area until 6:20 p.m., state police said.
The backlog was cleared and traffic flow had returned to normal by 7 p.m., troopers said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps
- Queen of crime writing P.D. James dies at 94
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Cosby made deal with National Enquirer to spike accuser’s story in 2005
- Vanaski: Protesters won’t be thanking Wal-Mart
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby