Pa. Turnpike traffic normal following car fire
Eastbound traffic along the Pennsylvania Turnpike was snarled between the Allegheny Valley and Monroeville exits late Wednesday afternoon because of a car fire, state police said.
There were no reported injuries in the fire that was reported at 5:41 p.m. and forced troopers to reduce traffic to a single lane in the area until 6:20 p.m., state police said.
The backlog was cleared and traffic flow had returned to normal by 7 p.m., troopers said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Anxiety pervades town built by Volkswagen during emissions-cheating scandal
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Cameron in throes of leave-the-EU movement in Britain
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- More employers adopt generous leave policies
- Girl battling cancer scratches item off bucket list with PNC Park trip