Pa. Turnpike traffic normal following car fire
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 6:22 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 10, 2013
Eastbound traffic along the Pennsylvania Turnpike was snarled between the Allegheny Valley and Monroeville exits late Wednesday afternoon because of a car fire, state police said.
There were no reported injuries in the fire that was reported at 5:41 p.m. and forced troopers to reduce traffic to a single lane in the area until 6:20 p.m., state police said.
The backlog was cleared and traffic flow had returned to normal by 7 p.m., troopers said.
- Thousands walk, run last mile of marathon
- Outdoor notices: May 25, 2013
- Locke, Pirates power past Brewers, 5-2
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- State champion 400 relay highlights girls team title for Hempfield
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.