Fort Pitt Boulevard paving scheduled Thursday
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, 8:26 p.m.
A portion of Fort Pitt Boulevard in Downtown that was damaged by a water main break last week will be closed part of Thursday for paving work.
The closure will not affect the Mon Wharf, which will be open and can be accessed from Wood Street, said Melissa Rubin, spokeswoman for the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority.
Fort Pitt Boulevard will be closed from 7:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. from Smithfield Street to Stanwix Street, Rubin said.
A 12-inch water main break on Jan. 3 flooded part of the Parkway East and kept that area of Fort Pitt Boulevard closed for several days.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract