Pittsburgh blogger sued over 'Real Housewives' photos
By Brian Bowling
Published: Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
A New Jersey newspaper publisher claims a Pittsburgh woman's blog violated its copyright by republishing photos of three premier parties for the “Real Housewives of New Jersey.”
North Jersey Media Group Inc., which owns The Record and the Herald News, originally sued stoopidhousewives.com in the Southern District of New York. The case was moved to Pittsburgh on Thursday because the blogger, Marjorie Adams, lives here.
Adams' attorney, Anthony Brooks, declined comment. His motion to move the lawsuit says that Adams maintains the site as a hobby.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Disney to lay off 700 from interactive unit
- Review: Consortium ‘s ‘All That Jazz’ an experience to treasure
- Penguins’ leads evaporate in loss to Sharks
- Keisel might be at end of Steelers career
- Fish frying for Lent begins in Armstrong
- New Pirates pitcher Eppley brings special delivery to team’s staff
- Sharks praise ex-teammate, newest Penguins player Goc
- Deer Creek mine discharge project should be wrapped up by late spring
- Allegheny Township officials seek more support for waterline project
- Armstrong Riverhawks sample band uniform displayed during school board meeting
- McKeesport middle school student struck by dump truck dies in hospital