Teen fatally shot in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood
A 16-year-old boy died after being shot at least twice Thursday evening in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Deondre Pace of Allentown died at 8:14 p.m. at UPMC Mercy, Uptown.
Police were called around 7:15 p.m. to the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue where they found the teen lying in the middle of the street with “at least two gunshot wounds to the upper torso,” city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
Herrmann said that “two to three black males approached him and at least one of them pulled a gun and shot three times.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Archery hunting in Mt. Lebanon called off for now
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.