Teen fatally shot in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood
A 16-year-old boy died after being shot at least twice Thursday evening in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Deondre Pace of Allentown died at 8:14 p.m. at UPMC Mercy, Uptown.
Police were called around 7:15 p.m. to the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue where they found the teen lying in the middle of the street with “at least two gunshot wounds to the upper torso,” city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
Herrmann said that “two to three black males approached him and at least one of them pulled a gun and shot three times.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Warrants issued for women accused of prostitution in New Stanton sting
- NFL notebook: Gifford had CTE, family says
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Obama signs $607B Defense bill but blasts GOP limits for Gitmo
- Russia’s crackdown in predominantly Muslim region fuels exodus to ISIS
- Pizza delivery woman robbed in Greensburg
- ‘Crisis mode’ near at U.S.-Mexico line as nearly 5,000 children try to cross border in October