Teen fatally shot in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood
A 16-year-old boy died after being shot at least twice Thursday evening in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Deondre Pace of Allentown died at 8:14 p.m. at UPMC Mercy, Uptown.
Police were called around 7:15 p.m. to the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue where they found the teen lying in the middle of the street with “at least two gunshot wounds to the upper torso,” city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
Herrmann said that “two to three black males approached him and at least one of them pulled a gun and shot three times.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Pitt’s Narduzzi revisits YSU roots in opener
- Security guard shot outside East Hills restaurant
- Berry wins Steelers’ punting job; Wing traded to Giants
- Rossi: Baseball needs a new schedule
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Element of surprise awaits West Virginia in opener
- Penn State offense confident it can have better season
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of state fishing licenses
- Pirates notebook: Burnett continues to progress, amps up to 95-pitch simulated game