Teen fatally shot in Pittsburgh’s Allentown neighborhood
Published: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 7:58 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A 16-year-old boy died after being shot at least twice Thursday evening in Pittsburgh's Allentown neighborhood.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Deondre Pace of Allentown died at 8:14 p.m. at UPMC Mercy, Uptown.
Police were called around 7:15 p.m. to the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue where they found the teen lying in the middle of the street with “at least two gunshot wounds to the upper torso,” city police Lt. Daniel M. Herrmann said.
Herrmann said that “two to three black males approached him and at least one of them pulled a gun and shot three times.”
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Minor league notebook: Kilcrease shining as reliever for Bradenton
- SeaWorld’s Antarctica latest challenge to Disney
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Power storms back to beat rival Gladiators
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.