No injuries in school bus fire in Penn Hills
There were no injuries Friday when a school bus caught fire in Penn Hills, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said.
All students aboard were evacuated safely when the fire was reported at 4:20 p.m. near the intersection of Lincoln Road and Cross Street, the dispatcher said. A tow truck was summoned to take away the bus.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Chrysler recalls up to 792K Jeep SUVs for ignition switch defect
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Pop star Perry brings high-energy world tour to Consol
- Volunteer firefighter put others first
- Wolf says he’ll work with state legislature to deal with pension woes
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion