Highland Park pharmacy robbed
A gunman threatened to shoot a pharmacy employee during a holdup Friday afternoon in Highland Park, Pittsburgh police said.
The holdup was reported at 12:12 p.m. when the gunman walked into the Stanton-Negley Drug Store on Negley Avenue and demanded money from the register, saying, “Give me the money or I'm gonna shoot you,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. The gunman ran off after the employee gave him the money, she said.
The gunman is described as black with a light complexion, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with medium build, short black afro hair and a goatee, Richard said. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, green pants and a black-and-white baseball cap with white circles on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call robbery detectives at 412-323-7151.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- S. Carolina man wanted by Shaler police arrested
- Constables accused of unprofessional conduct held for court
- Penn State president: Freeh acted like prosecutor in review
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Stocks lose footing on Fed statement
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Continental targets early 2016 for North Shore apartments, parking garage
- Cuba lays out list of demands for improved relations
- Leader of Venezuelan congress denies bodyguard’s allegations
- Washington County man convicted of domestic assaults
- NHL notebook: Bruins place veteran forward Gagne on waivers