Highland Park pharmacy robbed
Published: Friday, January 11, 2013, 5:24 p.m.
Updated: Monday, January 14, 2013
A gunman threatened to shoot a pharmacy employee during a holdup Friday afternoon in Highland Park, Pittsburgh police said.
The holdup was reported at 12:12 p.m. when the gunman walked into the Stanton-Negley Drug Store on Negley Avenue and demanded money from the register, saying, “Give me the money or I'm gonna shoot you,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. The gunman ran off after the employee gave him the money, she said.
The gunman is described as black with a light complexion, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with medium build, short black afro hair and a goatee, Richard said. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, green pants and a black-and-white baseball cap with white circles on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call robbery detectives at 412-323-7151.
- Outdoors notebook: Contest offers chance to reel in $2 million
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Alvarez blast lifts Pirates past Astros
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Outdoors notices: May 19, 2013
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched for soreness in right knee
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.