Highland Park pharmacy robbed
A gunman threatened to shoot a pharmacy employee during a holdup Friday afternoon in Highland Park, Pittsburgh police said.
The holdup was reported at 12:12 p.m. when the gunman walked into the Stanton-Negley Drug Store on Negley Avenue and demanded money from the register, saying, “Give me the money or I'm gonna shoot you,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. The gunman ran off after the employee gave him the money, she said.
The gunman is described as black with a light complexion, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with medium build, short black afro hair and a goatee, Richard said. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, green pants and a black-and-white baseball cap with white circles on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call robbery detectives at 412-323-7151.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg