Highland Park pharmacy robbed
A gunman threatened to shoot a pharmacy employee during a holdup Friday afternoon in Highland Park, Pittsburgh police said.
The holdup was reported at 12:12 p.m. when the gunman walked into the Stanton-Negley Drug Store on Negley Avenue and demanded money from the register, saying, “Give me the money or I'm gonna shoot you,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. The gunman ran off after the employee gave him the money, she said.
The gunman is described as black with a light complexion, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with medium build, short black afro hair and a goatee, Richard said. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, green pants and a black-and-white baseball cap with white circles on the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call robbery detectives at 412-323-7151.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen returns to starting lineup; Alvarez out
- Italian Village Pizza owners plead guilty to tax evasion, conspiracy
- Attorney General drops charges against ‘upper-level’ heroin dealers
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Court overturns convictions in Amish hair attacks
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Medical pot advocates speak up at meeting with Sen. Folmer in Export
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- EDMC reaches debt-restructuring deal with creditors