JetBlue Pittsburgh flight delayed
A JetBlue Airways flight from Pittsburgh International Airport to New York was delayed 105 minutes Friday evening because of what an airline spokeswoman called “a maintenance issue on the ground.”
Flight 1056, which was scheduled to depart at 6:25 p.m. for a flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport, was delayed until passengers could be placed on another plane which took off about 8:10 p.m., said Tamara Bentham, a spokeswoman for the discount airlines.
Bentham said the maintenance problem was discovered before the flight departed from the airport in Findlay.
JetBlue announced In November that it will cease operation of twice-daily flights from Pittsburgh to JFK in February because the route is not profitable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Reflecting frustration, Webb eyes presidency
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Boy with fake gun dies after being shot by Cleveland cop
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season