JetBlue Pittsburgh flight delayed
A JetBlue Airways flight from Pittsburgh International Airport to New York was delayed 105 minutes Friday evening because of what an airline spokeswoman called “a maintenance issue on the ground.”
Flight 1056, which was scheduled to depart at 6:25 p.m. for a flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport, was delayed until passengers could be placed on another plane which took off about 8:10 p.m., said Tamara Bentham, a spokeswoman for the discount airlines.
Bentham said the maintenance problem was discovered before the flight departed from the airport in Findlay.
JetBlue announced In November that it will cease operation of twice-daily flights from Pittsburgh to JFK in February because the route is not profitable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Astrobotic lands $1 million Google Lunar XPRIZE
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Natural gas line explodes near Steubenville, WVa
- Chips in pucks, jerseys could alter how NHL games are analyzed
- Pittsburgh-set ‘Me and Earl’ big at Sundance, gets distribution deal
- Newsmaker: Nicole Coleman