JetBlue Pittsburgh flight delayed
A JetBlue Airways flight from Pittsburgh International Airport to New York was delayed 105 minutes Friday evening because of what an airline spokeswoman called “a maintenance issue on the ground.”
Flight 1056, which was scheduled to depart at 6:25 p.m. for a flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport, was delayed until passengers could be placed on another plane which took off about 8:10 p.m., said Tamara Bentham, a spokeswoman for the discount airlines.
Bentham said the maintenance problem was discovered before the flight departed from the airport in Findlay.
JetBlue announced In November that it will cease operation of twice-daily flights from Pittsburgh to JFK in February because the route is not profitable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding