JetBlue Pittsburgh flight delayed
A JetBlue Airways flight from Pittsburgh International Airport to New York was delayed 105 minutes Friday evening because of what an airline spokeswoman called “a maintenance issue on the ground.”
Flight 1056, which was scheduled to depart at 6:25 p.m. for a flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport, was delayed until passengers could be placed on another plane which took off about 8:10 p.m., said Tamara Bentham, a spokeswoman for the discount airlines.
Bentham said the maintenance problem was discovered before the flight departed from the airport in Findlay.
JetBlue announced In November that it will cease operation of twice-daily flights from Pittsburgh to JFK in February because the route is not profitable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Marte jump-starts Pirates in win over Brewers
- Penguins’ Martin a marked man in series with Rangers
- Use of multiple contractors could leave oil, gas operators open to hackers
- Governor Wolf’s outreach to lawmakers contrasts with Corbett’s style
- Pirates notebook: Is it time for Kang to head to Indy?
- Penguins notebook: Johnston says Perron needs to shoot
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away