Car travels eight miles wrong way on Pennsylvania Turnpike
Published: Friday, January 11, 2013, 9:42 p.m.
Updated: Monday, January 14, 2013
A speeding motorist who appeared to be intoxicated traveled about eight miles the wrong way on the Pennsylvania Turnpike near Donegal before being stopped, state police said Friday night.
Motorists began calling state police at 8:52 p.m. about the car traveling west in the eastbound lanes. The car was stopped six minutes later by turnpike maintenance workers, state police said. It was not immediately known how the man was stopped.
There were no reports of any crashes because of the incident. The man was taken by police for drug and alcohol testing.
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Stanford pitcher Appel set for what could be final college game
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- LV softball headed to D6 title game
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- J.Lo to open cellphone stores
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.