Car travels eight miles wrong way on Pennsylvania Turnpike
A speeding motorist who appeared to be intoxicated traveled about eight miles the wrong way on the Pennsylvania Turnpike near Donegal before being stopped, state police said Friday night.
Motorists began calling state police at 8:52 p.m. about the car traveling west in the eastbound lanes. The car was stopped six minutes later by turnpike maintenance workers, state police said. It was not immediately known how the man was stopped.
There were no reports of any crashes because of the incident. The man was taken by police for drug and alcohol testing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- U.S. Steel’s 2Q loss beats analysts’ estimates
- Police investigate how woman fell onto CMU apartment roof
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Truck rolls over on Parkway East
- Pittsburgh schools’ teacher evaluations approved
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Water main break closes Upper St. Clair road