Crash kills Indiana County man
Man dies in crash on Route 217
A 20-year-old Indiana County man died on Saturday after he lost control of his sport utility vehicle on a foggy Route 217 in Blacklick, according to the county coroner.
Thomas Wayne Kelgran of Center Township died in the crash about a mile south of Blacklick Road, Coroner Michael Baker said in a news release.
Kelgran's vehicle traveled over the road shoulder and struck several trees, Baker said.
County 911 received a call about the accident at 6:22 a.m. Kelgran, who suffered blunt force trauma to the head and chest, was trapped in his vehicle for some time, Baker said.
No autopsy is planned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- West Mifflin Area to sue for tuition reimbursement
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- European carriers lack 2-person cockpit rule in place in U.S.
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Energy Department OKs loan of $259M to Alcoa to promote clean energy
- Roundup: Headhunter reportedly solicits candidates to replace BNY Mellon CEO ; Yahoo says it will buy back $2B in stock; more