Crash kills Indiana County man
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
Man dies in crash on Route 217
A 20-year-old Indiana County man died on Saturday after he lost control of his sport utility vehicle on a foggy Route 217 in Blacklick, according to the county coroner.
Thomas Wayne Kelgran of Center Township died in the crash about a mile south of Blacklick Road, Coroner Michael Baker said in a news release.
Kelgran's vehicle traveled over the road shoulder and struck several trees, Baker said.
County 911 received a call about the accident at 6:22 a.m. Kelgran, who suffered blunt force trauma to the head and chest, was trapped in his vehicle for some time, Baker said.
No autopsy is planned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Google challenges nonprofits on ideas to use Glass
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Greensburg high school athletes of the week: Yough’s Nolan Kosh, Hempfield’s Samantha Orie