Sheriff's Office nabs one of its 'most wanted'
The Allegheny County Sheriff's Office has captured one of its “most wanted,” a Brentwood Borough man charged in connection with an assault last year, authorities said Sunday.
John “Hammer” Gilmore, 19, was arrested without incident, the sheriff's office said.
Police said Gilmore was put on the office's most wanted list after failing to appear for a Jan. 4 hearing on charges from a June 29 altercation in the 100 block of Parkford Drive, South Park. Gilmore was accused of kicking in the front door of a residence and beating up a man inside. He was charged with aggravated assault and burglary.
A tipster led police to an address near the Parkford Drive site, where deputies and South Park Police took Gilmore into custody.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt’s Boyd, Blair suspended for Youngstown State game
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in fiery crash in Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania’s Class AAAA Basketball Player of the Year commits to Penn State
- Pirates pitcher Burnett could return in 4 weeks
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- British police force under investigation amid child sex abuse claims against ex-PM
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- New interim director to take over VA regional office in Pittsburgh
- Large crowd mourns Kittanning woman allegedly killed by escapee
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave