Sheriff's Office nabs one of its 'most wanted'
The Allegheny County Sheriff's Office has captured one of its “most wanted,” a Brentwood Borough man charged in connection with an assault last year, authorities said Sunday.
John “Hammer” Gilmore, 19, was arrested without incident, the sheriff's office said.
Police said Gilmore was put on the office's most wanted list after failing to appear for a Jan. 4 hearing on charges from a June 29 altercation in the 100 block of Parkford Drive, South Park. Gilmore was accused of kicking in the front door of a residence and beating up a man inside. He was charged with aggravated assault and burglary.
A tipster led police to an address near the Parkford Drive site, where deputies and South Park Police took Gilmore into custody.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roundup: Wealth gap largest on record, Pew study shows; McDonald’s in Japan limits orders of fries; more
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Philly DA says no affidavits claimed by AG Kane in bribery case existed
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves forward
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- Rice Energy spin-off priced below expected range