Sheriff's Office nabs one of its 'most wanted'
The Allegheny County Sheriff's Office has captured one of its “most wanted,” a Brentwood Borough man charged in connection with an assault last year, authorities said Sunday.
John “Hammer” Gilmore, 19, was arrested without incident, the sheriff's office said.
Police said Gilmore was put on the office's most wanted list after failing to appear for a Jan. 4 hearing on charges from a June 29 altercation in the 100 block of Parkford Drive, South Park. Gilmore was accused of kicking in the front door of a residence and beating up a man inside. He was charged with aggravated assault and burglary.
A tipster led police to an address near the Parkford Drive site, where deputies and South Park Police took Gilmore into custody.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in North Oakland
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- District attorney rejects polygraph deal in molestation case
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Highmark members to keep maternity care at Magee in 2015
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts; fallout from oil and gas decline
- San Francisco blaze kills Mission District resident
- Homeland chief says cuts over immigration puts U.S. at risk
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins