Shooting leaves 1 dead in East Liberty
Pittsburgh police are investigating an overnight shooting in East Liberty that left one man dead.
Officers responded about midnight to a report of a shooting in the 300 block of North Negley Avenue, Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said. Police found a 37-year-old man in the courtyard of a building with a gunshot wound to his torso. He died at the scene.
Police are seeking two men seen fleeing the area, Stangrecki said.
Anyone with information is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues Steelers need to tackle in September
- ‘Distraction’ trips are not in Penn State football team’s future
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Study to look at financial impact of state’s gas boom
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games