Shooting leaves 1 dead in East Liberty
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013, 6:48 a.m.
Updated: Monday, January 14, 2013
Pittsburgh police are investigating an overnight shooting in East Liberty that left one man dead.
Officers responded about midnight to a report of a shooting in the 300 block of North Negley Avenue, Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said. Police found a 37-year-old man in the courtyard of a building with a gunshot wound to his torso. He died at the scene.
Police are seeking two men seen fleeing the area, Stangrecki said.
Anyone with information is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- 3 former Carlow employees claim age discrimination in firings
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- ‘Green thumb’ robber steals cash, greenhouse plants
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- EPA official: Fracking study won’t be done until 2016
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.