Shooting leaves 1 dead in East Liberty
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, 6:48 a.m.
Pittsburgh police are investigating an overnight shooting in East Liberty that left one man dead.
Officers responded about midnight to a report of a shooting in the 300 block of North Negley Avenue, Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said. Police found a 37-year-old man in the courtyard of a building with a gunshot wound to his torso. He died at the scene.
Police are seeking two men seen fleeing the area, Stangrecki said.
Anyone with information is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Megaludis-Zanetta highlight soldout Penn State-Pitt wrestling dual
- Steelers still have something worth playing for
- Breaking down the Pirates’ needs entering winter meetings
- Ex-Pirates great Parker’s long wait for Hall of Fame could finally end
- Hunter dies in apparent Cambria hunting accident
- Kovacevic: On Melancon, Mandela, molding
- Investors put squeeze on prospective homeowners’ American dreams
- Rampant misuse of antibiotics poses growing global threat, experts warn
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- With youthful core returning, PSU could be in for better days