Shooting leaves 1 dead in East Liberty
Pittsburgh police are investigating an overnight shooting in East Liberty that left one man dead.
Officers responded about midnight to a report of a shooting in the 300 block of North Negley Avenue, Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said. Police found a 37-year-old man in the courtyard of a building with a gunshot wound to his torso. He died at the scene.
Police are seeking two men seen fleeing the area, Stangrecki said.
Anyone with information is requested to call the Pittsburgh Homicide Squad at 412-323-7161.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released