Five arrested in North Side on drug, weapons charges
Five people were arrested on a variety of charges after police plainclothes detectives witnessed what they believed to be a drug deal in the North Side, Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard said on Tuesday.
Detectives patrolling in the Fineview neighborhood on Monday saw Nicholas Fuchs, 24, of Munhall, go inside a home on Belleau Drive and come out with a stamp bag of heroin, Richard said. Officers obtained a search warrant and found two bundles of heroin in a child's bedroom, Richard said. They also found two loaded handguns and more than $2,100 in cash, she said.
Charged with weapons and drug charges were: Samuel Pegues, 20; Jamal Johnson, 21, and Nia Williams, 20, all of the North Side, and Deandre Farrington, 19, of East Liberty. Johnson and Williams also were charged with child endangerment. Fuchs will be sent a summons to face drug possession charges.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Conviction overturned in Italy murder case for Seattle woman
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Pedestrian struck in Hazelwood Monday dies
- Reliable family car feels upscale
- Congress should repeal medical device tax
- Shameful balance of powers
- Leechburg girls softball team dominates Riverview