Five arrested in North Side on drug, weapons charges
Five people were arrested on a variety of charges after police plainclothes detectives witnessed what they believed to be a drug deal in the North Side, Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard said on Tuesday.
Detectives patrolling in the Fineview neighborhood on Monday saw Nicholas Fuchs, 24, of Munhall, go inside a home on Belleau Drive and come out with a stamp bag of heroin, Richard said. Officers obtained a search warrant and found two bundles of heroin in a child's bedroom, Richard said. They also found two loaded handguns and more than $2,100 in cash, she said.
Charged with weapons and drug charges were: Samuel Pegues, 20; Jamal Johnson, 21, and Nia Williams, 20, all of the North Side, and Deandre Farrington, 19, of East Liberty. Johnson and Williams also were charged with child endangerment. Fuchs will be sent a summons to face drug possession charges.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Police officer in Fayette County charged in apparent domestic dispute
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates