Five arrested in North Side on drug, weapons charges
Five people were arrested on a variety of charges after police plainclothes detectives witnessed what they believed to be a drug deal in the North Side, Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard said on Tuesday.
Detectives patrolling in the Fineview neighborhood on Monday saw Nicholas Fuchs, 24, of Munhall, go inside a home on Belleau Drive and come out with a stamp bag of heroin, Richard said. Officers obtained a search warrant and found two bundles of heroin in a child's bedroom, Richard said. They also found two loaded handguns and more than $2,100 in cash, she said.
Charged with weapons and drug charges were: Samuel Pegues, 20; Jamal Johnson, 21, and Nia Williams, 20, all of the North Side, and Deandre Farrington, 19, of East Liberty. Johnson and Williams also were charged with child endangerment. Fuchs will be sent a summons to face drug possession charges.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Local groups hope NFL lends support
- Penn Hills runs past Mt. Lebanon defense
- High school roundup: No. 9 North Allegheny takes down Upper St. Clair
- Monessen averts upset bid with 28-6 victory over Leechburg
- More Iraq deployments may be needed as terrorist fight intensifies, Army chief says
- No. 5 McKeesport rebounds to rout Latrobe
- Robinson scores 4 TDs as Blairsville stays undefeated
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Seton-La Salle outlasts Steel Valley
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors