Five arrested in North Side on drug, weapons charges
Five people were arrested on a variety of charges after police plainclothes detectives witnessed what they believed to be a drug deal in the North Side, Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard said on Tuesday.
Detectives patrolling in the Fineview neighborhood on Monday saw Nicholas Fuchs, 24, of Munhall, go inside a home on Belleau Drive and come out with a stamp bag of heroin, Richard said. Officers obtained a search warrant and found two bundles of heroin in a child's bedroom, Richard said. They also found two loaded handguns and more than $2,100 in cash, she said.
Charged with weapons and drug charges were: Samuel Pegues, 20; Jamal Johnson, 21, and Nia Williams, 20, all of the North Side, and Deandre Farrington, 19, of East Liberty. Johnson and Williams also were charged with child endangerment. Fuchs will be sent a summons to face drug possession charges.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Extreme Rules was entertaining and smart
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Reports grim for Pennsylvania’s state-run veterans homes
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Lawyers donate thousands of dollars to Pennsylvania Supreme Court race
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students