Washington man admits recording online sex show of girl
A Washington man admitted Tuesday that he paid someone in the Philippines to stage a live, online sex show with a 12-year-old girl in February 2010 so he could record it with his webcam.
Jeffrey W. Herschell, 54, pleaded guilty to coercing a child to have sex and possession of child pornography.
U.S. District Judge David Cercone scheduled Herschell's sentencing for May 28.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- 2 injured in Strip District shooting
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Flooded out of Big Easy, veterinarian builds new life in Lawrenceville
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- ATI picketer injured at Harrison mill
- ‘Banshee’ props, inventory up for sale
- Independent bookshops find ways to keep going with new owners
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Belle Vernon Reality Tour offers close look at ‘nightmare’ of drug abuse