Washington man admits recording online sex show of girl
By Brian Bowling
Published: Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, 5:06 p.m.
A Washington man admitted Tuesday that he paid someone in the Philippines to stage a live, online sex show with a 12-year-old girl in February 2010 so he could record it with his webcam.
Jeffrey W. Herschell, 54, pleaded guilty to coercing a child to have sex and possession of child pornography.
U.S. District Judge David Cercone scheduled Herschell's sentencing for May 28.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic captures 1st PIAA championship in OT thriller
- Kovacevic: A great day to appreciate No. 68
- Orpik skates with injured teammates, not expected back soon
- Steelers safety Polamalu finds himself in tough position
- Chat with Dejan Kovacevic: Dec. 13, 2013
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- LeBeau wants to come back as Steelers defensive coordinator
- Judge sends armed robbery case against Woodland Hills quarterback to juvenile court
- Jeffrey Manning elected president judge in Allegheny County
- Woman held without bail in mailbox thefts in Shadyside, South Side
- Co-defendant acquitted in Washington bar shooting deaths