Committee recommends approval of charter school in Hazelwood
Propel Schools, a nonprofit chain of charter schools, has the blessing of city schools review committee to open a charter school in Hazelwood.
The school board must still approve the application. A vote is scheduled Jan. 23.
The school would enroll students in kindergarten through 6th grade at the former St. Stephen's Catholic elementary school building.
An additional grade would be added each year until the school expands to the eighth grade.
Propel operates nine charter schools in the area, mostly in Mon Valley communities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks