Committee recommends approval of charter school in Hazelwood
Propel Schools, a nonprofit chain of charter schools, has the blessing of city schools review committee to open a charter school in Hazelwood.
The school board must still approve the application. A vote is scheduled Jan. 23.
The school would enroll students in kindergarten through 6th grade at the former St. Stephen's Catholic elementary school building.
An additional grade would be added each year until the school expands to the eighth grade.
Propel operates nine charter schools in the area, mostly in Mon Valley communities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- First Draft: Beer lovers at CoStar take the time to brew it right
- Blast collapses NYC apartments, injures 12
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Police arrest 4 in Pitcairn drug investigation
- Greensburg Central Catholic softball hopes to bounce back in Class A
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Pa. Gas & Electric agrees to $6.8 million settlement of polar vortex claims
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Sinkhole caused by mine subsidence closes Laketon Road in Penn Hills
- RMU’s Wydo sign with Wheeling; teammate Jacklin gets ECHL tryout contract