Woman accused of having sex with teen barred from contact with him, his family
By Tom McGee
Published: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 1:54 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 17, 2013
A woman accused of having sex with a teenage boy was barred from having any contact with him or his family, a judge ruled Wednesday.
District Justice Elissa Lang issued a no-contact order for Susan Sundo, 45, the former head of the Sharpsburg Recreation Committee. Lang continued Sundo's preliminary hearing until 10 a.m. on March 27 because her attorney, David Shrager, said he needs more time to review evidence.
“She has never had any contact with the law whatsoever,” Shrager said.
Shrager said his client is an “ordinary, everyday housewife.”
Sundo declined to comment as she left court.
Sundo was charged Jan. 8 with corruption of minors, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and unlawful contact with a minor. She posted a $20,000 bond, was released from the Allegheny County Jail and ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
The teen told police they had sex on at least a dozen occasions, including trysts in Sundo‘s sport utility vehicle and her home over a five-month period.
Sharpsburg council removed her from the volunteer post on the committee.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Fayette County casino to open July 1
- Senators notebook: Anderson will remain in goal
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Hurricane season forecast: a whopper
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Investigation pushed beyond IRS
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Pitt baseball loses, has tough road to Big East final
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.