Woman accused of having sex with teen barred from contact with him, his family
A woman accused of having sex with a teenage boy was barred from having any contact with him or his family, a judge ruled Wednesday.
District Justice Elissa Lang issued a no-contact order for Susan Sundo, 45, the former head of the Sharpsburg Recreation Committee. Lang continued Sundo's preliminary hearing until 10 a.m. on March 27 because her attorney, David Shrager, said he needs more time to review evidence.
“She has never had any contact with the law whatsoever,” Shrager said.
Shrager said his client is an “ordinary, everyday housewife.”
Sundo declined to comment as she left court.
Sundo was charged Jan. 8 with corruption of minors, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and unlawful contact with a minor. She posted a $20,000 bond, was released from the Allegheny County Jail and ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
The teen told police they had sex on at least a dozen occasions, including trysts in Sundo‘s sport utility vehicle and her home over a five-month period.
Sharpsburg council removed her from the volunteer post on the committee.
Tom McGee is an associate editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 1513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Top Sports Pics - Sept. 1, 2014
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- MLB notebook: Astros fire manager amid dismal season
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Reporting abroad, he saw the world & journalism change
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance