Man sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for giving advice on building a pipe bomb
A McKees Rocks man who provided instructions for building a pipe bomb in return for $300 and a .45 caliber pistol will spend 15 years and eight months in prison, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
Michael Steven Cech, 42, pleaded guilty in September to providing the bomb building advice to a confidential informant working for the police. The informant told Cech he wanted the bomb to kill a witness who would be testifying against him in a federal drug case, prosecutors say.
U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose also sentenced Cech to three years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Pedestrian dies in North Side accident, authorities say
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Website ranks Hampton among nation’s top schools
- Ross residents take concerns about Seville building to township
- Wexford Elementary earns Blue Ribbon honor
- North Hills Wind Ensemble musicians ‘respect the music’
- Former Holiday Inn in Hampton now an apartment complex
- North Hills senior to continue rowing career at West Virginia