Man sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for giving advice on building a pipe bomb
A McKees Rocks man who provided instructions for building a pipe bomb in return for $300 and a .45 caliber pistol will spend 15 years and eight months in prison, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
Michael Steven Cech, 42, pleaded guilty in September to providing the bomb building advice to a confidential informant working for the police. The informant told Cech he wanted the bomb to kill a witness who would be testifying against him in a federal drug case, prosecutors say.
U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose also sentenced Cech to three years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Police: 2 anti-violence organizers beat ex-roomie in Washington
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Movie studio owner building in McKees Rocks is $540K in red
- Profit falls at vitamin retailer GNC Holdings in third quarter