Man sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for giving advice on building a pipe bomb
Published: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 5:34 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 16, 2013
A McKees Rocks man who provided instructions for building a pipe bomb in return for $300 and a .45 caliber pistol will spend 15 years and eight months in prison, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
Michael Steven Cech, 42, pleaded guilty in September to providing the bomb building advice to a confidential informant working for the police. The informant told Cech he wanted the bomb to kill a witness who would be testifying against him in a federal drug case, prosecutors say.
U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose also sentenced Cech to three years of probation.
- Hot days, cool books: Plenty of good choices for summer reads
- Male wounded in Rankin shooting
- IRS’ next target: Health care
- Port Vue author is finalist in Amazon contest
- New ‘Arrested Development’ season set for Netflix debut
- Free speech
- Summer of Pennsylvania teens’ discontent
- Blame districts, state
- Saturday essay: Passages
- Medicaid expansion: Corbett’s push-back
- Go to the Heritage
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.