West Allegheny teacher suspended after sex charges filed
A West Allegheny School teacher and coach faces six felony counts of institutional sexual assault and a charge of furnishing alcohol to a minor for what police say are a series of sexual trysts he had with a student.
The district suspended William Morosetti, 28, on Thursday, according to spokeswoman Karen Ruhl. The district would not comment further “given that this issue is a personnel matter,” Ruhl said.
Allegheny County police accuse Morosetti, an assistant wrestling coach, of having sex in April, May and June with a female student who graduated from West Allegheny in 2012.
Superintendent John DiSanti received an anonymous letter from “a concerned parent” about the trysts, which he forwarded to North Fayette police.
Police interviewed the former student on Monday.
She visited Morosetti's Coraopolis home at least 15 times, according to court documents detailing the charges against him. They last had sex in June, the documents stated.
The two often drank beer and vodka and once skipped school the same day after a night of excessive drinking, the documents stated. She told police she deliberately took a class needed to graduate from Morosetti because “she knew he would pass her even if she did not attend.”
Morosetti told her that he would date her after graduation, but he could not be seen in public with her for another two years “because it would not be socially acceptable.”
The woman told police she broke up with Morosetti in June.
The court document quoted her as telling police: “I told him I was going to have a baby with my boyfriend. He said that would get him in trouble because people would think it was his.”
Police arrested Morosetti at 2:45 a.m. Thursday. He was arraigned and released later in the day. Attempts to reach him for comment were not successful.
Morosetti's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday before District Judge Carla Swearingen.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7944 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Pirates notebook: Marte to begin rehab stint at Triple-A Saturday
- First Draft: Iron City recognizes need to get crafty
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- Spaling, Penguins agree to $4.4 million deal
- Extra cash? Andrew Carnegie’s waterfront mansion in Florida is up for grabs