West Allegheny teacher suspended after sex charges filed
A West Allegheny School teacher and coach faces six felony counts of institutional sexual assault and a charge of furnishing alcohol to a minor for what police say are a series of sexual trysts he had with a student.
The district suspended William Morosetti, 28, on Thursday, according to spokeswoman Karen Ruhl. The district would not comment further “given that this issue is a personnel matter,” Ruhl said.
Allegheny County police accuse Morosetti, an assistant wrestling coach, of having sex in April, May and June with a female student who graduated from West Allegheny in 2012.
Superintendent John DiSanti received an anonymous letter from “a concerned parent” about the trysts, which he forwarded to North Fayette police.
Police interviewed the former student on Monday.
She visited Morosetti's Coraopolis home at least 15 times, according to court documents detailing the charges against him. They last had sex in June, the documents stated.
The two often drank beer and vodka and once skipped school the same day after a night of excessive drinking, the documents stated. She told police she deliberately took a class needed to graduate from Morosetti because “she knew he would pass her even if she did not attend.”
Morosetti told her that he would date her after graduation, but he could not be seen in public with her for another two years “because it would not be socially acceptable.”
The woman told police she broke up with Morosetti in June.
The court document quoted her as telling police: “I told him I was going to have a baby with my boyfriend. He said that would get him in trouble because people would think it was his.”
Police arrested Morosetti at 2:45 a.m. Thursday. He was arraigned and released later in the day. Attempts to reach him for comment were not successful.
Morosetti's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday before District Judge Carla Swearingen.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7944 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Arnold officer injured in attempt to detain suspect