McKeesport shooting suspect arrested
A man wanted for shooting four people at a New Year's Eve party in McKeesport has been arrested, according to the U.S. Marshal's service in Pittsburgh.
Julian L. Sims, 20, of Duquesne was taken in to custody at about 4:30 p.m. on Thursday in Braddock, authorities said.
Sims was one of three uninvited guests who was asked to leave the party being held in the 1500 block of Versailles Avenue.
One of the victims was shot in the abdomen and three others had leg wounds.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Big Bang ‘waves’ go poof under analysis
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tre Tipton says Pitt can’t dwell on lost recruits
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Penn State New Kensington loses 4th in a row as rally comes up short
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Alle-Kiski roundup: Fox Chapel boys basketball team posts 5th straight win
- Freeport’s Romanchak to sign with Robert Morris
- No more room on iPad? You’ll need to trim some of that fat