West Penn seeks cause of Murrysville-Delmont power outage
West Penn Power is trying to determine what caused 5,500 customers in Murrysville and Delmont to lose electrical service for several hours Sunday.
West Penn spokesman Rob Lombardo said he learned of the outage at 8:27 a.m., and the company restored power to everybody by 12:17 p.m. One customer reported losing service shortly after 6 a.m.
The cause was not immediately known. “We had a lot of high winds overnight,” he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues Steelers need to tackle in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Smaller companies outperform multinationals on U.S. strength over eurozone
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Healthy Eating: Turn your zucchini into no-fry fries