West Penn seeks cause of Murrysville-Delmont power outage
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, 2:12 p.m.
West Penn Power is trying to determine what caused 5,500 customers in Murrysville and Delmont to lose electrical service for several hours Sunday.
West Penn spokesman Rob Lombardo said he learned of the outage at 8:27 a.m., and the company restored power to everybody by 12:17 p.m. One customer reported losing service shortly after 6 a.m.
The cause was not immediately known. “We had a lot of high winds overnight,” he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it