West Penn seeks cause of Murrysville-Delmont power outage
Published: Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, 2:12 p.m.
West Penn Power is trying to determine what caused 5,500 customers in Murrysville and Delmont to lose electrical service for several hours Sunday.
West Penn spokesman Rob Lombardo said he learned of the outage at 8:27 a.m., and the company restored power to everybody by 12:17 p.m. One customer reported losing service shortly after 6 a.m.
The cause was not immediately known. “We had a lot of high winds overnight,” he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jokinen takes center stage as fill-in for Pens’ Malkin
- Pitt slows down Loyola Marymount, 85-68
- 2 wounded in East Hills shooting
- Gunman robs pizza delivery driver in Greensburg
- Harrell’s big game carries Hempfield past Greensburg Salem
- Mandela mourned by expats, Western Pa. residents
- Connellsville wrestling routed by Latrobe in opener
- High school basketball roundup: Top-ranked Elizabeth Forward wins opener
- Class AA No. 2 Burrell girls shut down Fox Chapel, Mathias
- Beer black market exploits enthusiasts, ignores law
- Wintry weather didn’t stop Sewickley Light Up Night