West Penn seeks cause of Murrysville-Delmont power outage
Published: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 2:12 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
West Penn Power is trying to determine what caused 5,500 customers in Murrysville and Delmont to lose electrical service for several hours Sunday.
West Penn spokesman Rob Lombardo said he learned of the outage at 8:27 a.m., and the company restored power to everybody by 12:17 p.m. One customer reported losing service shortly after 6 a.m.
The cause was not immediately known. “We had a lot of high winds overnight,” he said.
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for sheriff
- Snider’s grand slam pushes Pirates to late victory over Cubs
- Mt. Pleasant mayor victorious
- Charleroi Area School Board getting two new members
- Senators get vote of confidence
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.