New Castle man charged with attempted homicide
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:49 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, January 20, 2013
A New Castle man was arrested and charged with attempted homicide Sunday evening after police say he repeatedly stabbed another man.
New Castle Police were called to a house in the 700 block of North Cedar Street at about 6 p.m. for a disturbance, according to a release from that department.
A woman came out of the house shouting "he stabbed him, he stabbed him," and Robert Morris, 50, stumbled out of the house with multiple stab wounds, police said.
Jason Wilshusen, 27, was arrested and is being charged with attempted homicide, two counts each of aggravated assault and simple assault, and possession of instruments of a crime.
Morris was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where officials declined to give information on his condition.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Pirates’ road trip could define journey
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.