New Castle man charged with attempted homicide
A New Castle man was arrested and charged with attempted homicide Sunday evening after police say he repeatedly stabbed another man.
New Castle Police were called to a house in the 700 block of North Cedar Street at about 6 p.m. for a disturbance, according to a release from that department.
A woman came out of the house shouting "he stabbed him, he stabbed him," and Robert Morris, 50, stumbled out of the house with multiple stab wounds, police said.
Jason Wilshusen, 27, was arrested and is being charged with attempted homicide, two counts each of aggravated assault and simple assault, and possession of instruments of a crime.
Morris was transported to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown, where officials declined to give information on his condition.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arrest made in June homicide in Hill District
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Ferrante told wife’s cousin that she died of ‘chemical storm’
- Ramps reopen from East Ohio and Heinz streets to northbound Route 28
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Woman’s body found in Adams home
- City Theatre hires James McNeel as new managing director
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Menino, Boston’s longest-serving mayor, dies at 71