Fire damages pair of homes in West View
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, 11:52 p.m.
A two-alarm fire damaged at least two homes, one severely, late Sunday in West View.
Calls for a fire at 17 Fairview Avenue came in at about 10:45 p.m., Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The fire in a two-story detached home burned through the roof and spread to a nearby neighbor.
Firefighters were still battling the blaze an hour later. There were no injuries reported as of 11:45 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Google challenges nonprofits on ideas to use Glass
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends