Fire damages pair of homes in West View
A two-alarm fire damaged at least two homes, one severely, late Sunday in West View.
Calls for a fire at 17 Fairview Avenue came in at about 10:45 p.m., Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The fire in a two-story detached home burned through the roof and spread to a nearby neighbor.
Firefighters were still battling the blaze an hour later. There were no injuries reported as of 11:45 p.m.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Police seek 2 in Derry Twp. luring attempt
- Highmark Health reports $171M operating loss for 1st half of year
- Dozen injured when dump truck rear-ends Port Authority bus near Rankin Bridge
- Pitt forward Maia injured during workouts
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- Construction season enters fall phase on region’s roads
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates