Big loads to close Freeport Road on Tuesday, Thursday
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Monday, January 21, 2013, 5:14 p.m.
Updated: Monday, January 21, 2013
Freeport Road will close early Tuesday and Thursday between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge in East Deer and Conroy Way in Tarentum to make way for super-sized loads on the way to a hot strip mill under construction, PennDOT said.
The first closure will occur from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday. The second will be from midnight Wednesday to 7 a.m. Thursday.
Northbound traffic will detour via Riddle Run Road, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366. Southbound traffic will follow the same detour in the opposite direction. Signs will be posted.
Allegheny Technologies Inc. is spending $1.1 billion to build a new hot strip mill at its Brackenridge Works. Trailers will carry loads of up to 350,000 pounds to the construction site, Texas-based hauler Fagioli Inc. said.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- Two men arrested for slaying of Knoxville man
- Car crashes into parade; 50-60 injured
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- IRS ignored biggest groups
- The race for Pittsburgh mayor: Now comes the ground game
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Spirit moves McFerrin on new album
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.