East Liberty hit-run victim dies
A Blawnox woman has died of injuries suffered when she was struck by a hit-and-run motorist last week, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Monday.
Estelle Cepek, 70, died Sunday night at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities. She was struck shortly after 7 a.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of the McDonald's along Penn Circle West in East Liberty, the spokesman said.
The Pittsburgh Police accident investigations unit is handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Football, men’s basketball among Pitt teams to post highest Academic Progress Rate scores
- Pirates notebook: Alvarez having success looking the other way
- Santorum announces presidential run ‘where my American story began’
- Exxon, Chevron shareholders reject big oil restrictions
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- State Sen. Matt Smith resigning to become Chamber president
- Central Catholic downs Norwin to win 1st WPIAL baseball title