East Liberty hit-run victim dies
A Blawnox woman has died of injuries suffered when she was struck by a hit-and-run motorist last week, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Monday.
Estelle Cepek, 70, died Sunday night at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland of injuries to the head, trunk and extremities. She was struck shortly after 7 a.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of the McDonald's along Penn Circle West in East Liberty, the spokesman said.
The Pittsburgh Police accident investigations unit is handling the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne