Winter blast causes icy roads, delays in Pennsylvania
PHILADELPHIA — A blast of icy weather has brought winter back across Pennsylvania.
The freezing temperatures are causing icy roads across much of the state, which had been experiencing milder temperatures for much of January. Slick roads are marking the morning commute Tuesday.
In Pittsburgh and surrounding areas, the freezing temperatures are also causing delayed school openings. In northwestern Pennsylvania, a portion of Interstate 90 had to be closed Monday night because of a snowstorm that blanketed that region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- Armstrong inmate escapee charged with murdering family matriarch
- LaBar: Piper’s influence can’t be understated
- Red Onion reunion possibly the last for Hempfield coal mining village
- Gameday: Pirates at Cincinnati, Aug. 1, 2015