Winter blast causes icy roads, delays in Pennsylvania
PHILADELPHIA — A blast of icy weather has brought winter back across Pennsylvania.
The freezing temperatures are causing icy roads across much of the state, which had been experiencing milder temperatures for much of January. Slick roads are marking the morning commute Tuesday.
In Pittsburgh and surrounding areas, the freezing temperatures are also causing delayed school openings. In northwestern Pennsylvania, a portion of Interstate 90 had to be closed Monday night because of a snowstorm that blanketed that region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- America’s manufacturing comeback
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings