McKees Rocks man arrested in connection with burglaries
McKees Rocks police arrested a man on Monday for stealing jewelry and tools from his neighbors' homes.
Michael King, 30, of McKees Rocks was charged with burglary, receiving stolen property, possession with intent to distribute heroin and other charges.
Police said the investigation focused on King after police in Robinson reported that King had recently sold a large amount of jewelry to a local gold dealer.
Police executed a search warrant at King's home where they found jewelry, insurance policy paperwork and mechanic's tools that had been reported stolen. Police also recovered a large package of heroin.
King is in the Allegheny County Jail on $20,000 bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for next Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplant
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- Hempfield man serving life without parole for killing wife tells judge he’ll pay restitution when he’s released
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland