McKees Rocks man arrested in connection with burglaries
By Adam Brandolph
Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 8:54 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
McKees Rocks police arrested a man on Monday for stealing jewelry and tools from his neighbors' homes.
Michael King, 30, of McKees Rocks was charged with burglary, receiving stolen property, possession with intent to distribute heroin and other charges.
Police said the investigation focused on King after police in Robinson reported that King had recently sold a large amount of jewelry to a local gold dealer.
Police executed a search warrant at King's home where they found jewelry, insurance policy paperwork and mechanic's tools that had been reported stolen. Police also recovered a large package of heroin.
King is in the Allegheny County Jail on $20,000 bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for next Tuesday.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Golf roundup: Jennifer Johnson wins first LPGA title
- Dawson council, VFD members to meet
- Shooting blanks
- Philly flower show ends with million-dollar loss
- Obama’s empty ‘justice’
- Sales might speed bidders’ pulses
- South Korean Bae wins Byron Nelson title
- Persad Center’s Art for Change continues to grow
- Jurors to mull death penalty in slayings of 12
- Local zoning essential
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.