Judge sentences man to life in prison for fatal shooting in drug deal gone bad
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 1:48 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
An Allegheny County judge on Wednesday sentenced a West End man to life in prison for the fatal shooting of another man in a drug deal gone bad.
Common Pleas Judge Beth A. Lazzara sentenced Eugene McMiller, 20, to spend the rest of his life in prison for the Oct. 14, 2012 death of Justice J. Charles, 27.
Another man also charged in the case, Gary Smith, 26, of Clairton, remains in the Allegheny County Jail on $75,000 bond while he awaits trial scheduled for March 18.
A jury in October found McMiller guilty of first-degree murder, robbery and recklessly endangering another person.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- 3 former Carlow employees claim age discrimination in firings
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- ‘Green thumb’ robber steals cash, greenhouse plants
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- EPA official: Fracking study won’t be done until 2016
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.