Judge sentences man to life in prison for fatal shooting in drug deal gone bad
An Allegheny County judge on Wednesday sentenced a West End man to life in prison for the fatal shooting of another man in a drug deal gone bad.
Common Pleas Judge Beth A. Lazzara sentenced Eugene McMiller, 20, to spend the rest of his life in prison for the Oct. 14, 2012 death of Justice J. Charles, 27.
Another man also charged in the case, Gary Smith, 26, of Clairton, remains in the Allegheny County Jail on $75,000 bond while he awaits trial scheduled for March 18.
A jury in October found McMiller guilty of first-degree murder, robbery and recklessly endangering another person.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Police: Gunfire in Canadian Parliament after soldier shot
- Peduto, Harris compromise on $1.6M for North Side community center
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Woman accused of hitting Pittsburgh officer at PrideFest pleads guilty to harassment
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Corbett: $2.5M grant will keep Children’s Hospital ‘a national model’
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control