Former Seton Hill professor to spend 15 years in prison for child porn
A former Seton Hill professor who pleaded guilty to producing child pornography will spend 15 years in prison and the rest of his life on probation, U.S. District Judge David Cercone ruled Wednesday.
Balazs Tarnai, 36, of Unity admitted Wednesday to ordering DVDs of child pornography from a Los Angeles-based mail order company and to secretly recording four boys, ages 5, 10, 12 and 13, while they used bathrooms in his home.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Jessica Lieber Smolar said Greensburg police examined Tarnai's computer files and found thousands of images and videos of young boys engaged in sexual acts.
The police found 12 homemade videos and 26 pictures of the four boys on Tarnai's computer, she said.
Tarnai, a Hungarian national who came to America on a work visa, was immediately sentenced as part of his plea bargain with the government.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Fischer in spotlight as meeting nears
- Lineman Groh back from injury, ready to help Mustangs
- Earlier start, free meals among changes as Connellsville Area schools start Monday
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout
- Crash-prevention technology changes face of auto industry