Former Seton Hill professor to spend 15 years in prison for child porn
A former Seton Hill professor who pleaded guilty to producing child pornography will spend 15 years in prison and the rest of his life on probation, U.S. District Judge David Cercone ruled Wednesday.
Balazs Tarnai, 36, of Unity admitted Wednesday to ordering DVDs of child pornography from a Los Angeles-based mail order company and to secretly recording four boys, ages 5, 10, 12 and 13, while they used bathrooms in his home.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Jessica Lieber Smolar said Greensburg police examined Tarnai's computer files and found thousands of images and videos of young boys engaged in sexual acts.
The police found 12 homemade videos and 26 pictures of the four boys on Tarnai's computer, she said.
Tarnai, a Hungarian national who came to America on a work visa, was immediately sentenced as part of his plea bargain with the government.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Spirit Airlines to add daily flights from Latrobe to Chicago O’Hare
- Murphy: May not be able to secure cyberspace, but must minimize impact
- State’s highest court to take up legality of Wolf moratorium on death penalty
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Wilkinsburg father ordered to have no contact with daughter or her grandmother
- Company proposes building 2 gas-fired power plants in West Virginia
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals