Former Seton Hill professor to spend 15 years in prison for child porn
By Brian Bowling
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 2:44 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 24, 2013
A former Seton Hill professor who pleaded guilty to producing child pornography will spend 15 years in prison and the rest of his life on probation, U.S. District Judge David Cercone ruled Wednesday.
Balazs Tarnai, 36, of Unity admitted Wednesday to ordering DVDs of child pornography from a Los Angeles-based mail order company and to secretly recording four boys, ages 5, 10, 12 and 13, while they used bathrooms in his home.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Jessica Lieber Smolar said Greensburg police examined Tarnai's computer files and found thousands of images and videos of young boys engaged in sexual acts.
The police found 12 homemade videos and 26 pictures of the four boys on Tarnai's computer, she said.
Tarnai, a Hungarian national who came to America on a work visa, was immediately sentenced as part of his plea bargain with the government.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Study: Traffic jams siphon $1B a year from region’s drivers
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Blackhawks even series with OT victory
- Written records carry risk of skimming, says accountant reviewing Pittsburgh city books
- Lending is lifeblood for small businesses
- Zero percent doesn’t necessarily mean zero worries
- Cyber studies lead Latrobe grad to West Point
- FBI targets ‘hacktivist’ in rape case
- Norwin district residents to pay a little more
- Jeannette treasurer calls it quits