Police seek man who took $600 at Allegheny County Courthouse
Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man they believe stole more than $600 in child support money that was mistakenly left at the metal detector at the entrance to the Allegheny County Courthouse.
About 90 minutes after a person left the envelope containing the money at the metal detector on Friday, a man approached the deputy and asked for it, Sheriff's Lt. Jack Kearney said. Several hours later, the real owner attempted to reclaim the envelope, Kearney said.
The man who took the envelope is described as white, in his 30s, 5 feet, 9 inches tall and 180 pounds with brown hair and slight facial hair. He may have been at the courthouse for a criminal court matter.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call the sheriff's office at 412-350-4714.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Beaver footprints found along Allegheny River bank, not gator
- Sears to close store at Century III Mall in West Mifflin
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Police, bloodhound team locate former athletic director, Greensburg official
- Penguins’ new 3rd jersey similar to early 1990s version
- Judge lifts order blocking racy state emails