Police seek man who took $600 at Allegheny County Courthouse
Published: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:40 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man they believe stole more than $600 in child support money that was mistakenly left at the metal detector at the entrance to the Allegheny County Courthouse.
About 90 minutes after a person left the envelope containing the money at the metal detector on Friday, a man approached the deputy and asked for it, Sheriff's Lt. Jack Kearney said. Several hours later, the real owner attempted to reclaim the envelope, Kearney said.
The man who took the envelope is described as white, in his 30s, 5 feet, 9 inches tall and 180 pounds with brown hair and slight facial hair. He may have been at the courthouse for a criminal court matter.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call the sheriff's office at 412-350-4714.
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Southmoreland newcomer Shipley top Democratic vote-getter
- Dunbar Township incumbent wins nomination
- Frankhouser, Wilson get Fayette row-office nods
- Longtime Perryopolis councilman loses bid
- Details of the Senate immigration bill
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Challenger posts stunning upset in Monessen mayoral race
- Republican challengers triumph in 2 County Council primary battles
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.