Police seek man who took $600 at Allegheny County Courthouse
Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man they believe stole more than $600 in child support money that was mistakenly left at the metal detector at the entrance to the Allegheny County Courthouse.
About 90 minutes after a person left the envelope containing the money at the metal detector on Friday, a man approached the deputy and asked for it, Sheriff's Lt. Jack Kearney said. Several hours later, the real owner attempted to reclaim the envelope, Kearney said.
The man who took the envelope is described as white, in his 30s, 5 feet, 9 inches tall and 180 pounds with brown hair and slight facial hair. He may have been at the courthouse for a criminal court matter.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call the sheriff's office at 412-350-4714.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- If ‘evil’ doesn’t apply to ISIS, what does?
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park