Police charge woman in fatal Stowe crash
By Margaret Harding
Published: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 1:14 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Allegheny County Police on Thursday arrested a woman accused of causing a fatal crash in Stowe while driving drunk.
Police charged Jennifer Roedler, 52, of McKees Rocks with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, involuntary manslaughter, reckless driving and other crimes. Roedler told investigators she took her eyes of the road to grab her cell phone when she heard it ring and drove off the road and hit the truck, according to a criminal complaint.
A blood test revealed Roedler's blood-alcohol content was .237 percent, police said.
Anthony Perri, 86, of Stowe was knocked out of the back of his produce truck as he was unloading it at 10:20 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 600 block of Broadway Avenue. He died Dec. 12 at Allegheny General Hospital of blunt force trauma to the head.
Police arrested Roedler without incident at her home Thursday morning.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- Two men arrested for slaying of Knoxville man
- Car crashes into parade; 50-60 injured
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- IRS ignored biggest groups
- The race for Pittsburgh mayor: Now comes the ground game
- Spirit moves McFerrin on new album
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.