Police charge woman in fatal Stowe crash
Allegheny County Police on Thursday arrested a woman accused of causing a fatal crash in Stowe while driving drunk.
Police charged Jennifer Roedler, 52, of McKees Rocks with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, involuntary manslaughter, reckless driving and other crimes. Roedler told investigators she took her eyes of the road to grab her cell phone when she heard it ring and drove off the road and hit the truck, according to a criminal complaint.
A blood test revealed Roedler's blood-alcohol content was .237 percent, police said.
Anthony Perri, 86, of Stowe was knocked out of the back of his produce truck as he was unloading it at 10:20 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 600 block of Broadway Avenue. He died Dec. 12 at Allegheny General Hospital of blunt force trauma to the head.
Police arrested Roedler without incident at her home Thursday morning.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- South Side house part of former Steeler’s end game
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Fire burns Fayette County recycling center
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes