Police charge woman in fatal Stowe crash
Allegheny County Police on Thursday arrested a woman accused of causing a fatal crash in Stowe while driving drunk.
Police charged Jennifer Roedler, 52, of McKees Rocks with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, involuntary manslaughter, reckless driving and other crimes. Roedler told investigators she took her eyes of the road to grab her cell phone when she heard it ring and drove off the road and hit the truck, according to a criminal complaint.
A blood test revealed Roedler's blood-alcohol content was .237 percent, police said.
Anthony Perri, 86, of Stowe was knocked out of the back of his produce truck as he was unloading it at 10:20 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 600 block of Broadway Avenue. He died Dec. 12 at Allegheny General Hospital of blunt force trauma to the head.
Police arrested Roedler without incident at her home Thursday morning.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Biden, Ryan facing tough decisions
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Pittsburgh’s bike sharing service starts off healthy
- Bomb blasts kill 86 at peace rally in Turkey; 186 injured
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.