Police charge woman in fatal Stowe crash
Allegheny County Police on Thursday arrested a woman accused of causing a fatal crash in Stowe while driving drunk.
Police charged Jennifer Roedler, 52, of McKees Rocks with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, involuntary manslaughter, reckless driving and other crimes. Roedler told investigators she took her eyes of the road to grab her cell phone when she heard it ring and drove off the road and hit the truck, according to a criminal complaint.
A blood test revealed Roedler's blood-alcohol content was .237 percent, police said.
Anthony Perri, 86, of Stowe was knocked out of the back of his produce truck as he was unloading it at 10:20 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 600 block of Broadway Avenue. He died Dec. 12 at Allegheny General Hospital of blunt force trauma to the head.
Police arrested Roedler without incident at her home Thursday morning.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Feds investigating millions embezzled from Matthews International Corp. of Pittsburgh
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Free training sessions to administer naloxone opiod antidote to begin in Derry
- Western Pa. played role, was transformed by victory in World War II
- Student violinist,Valley School of Ligonier reach settlement
- Indiana County coroner: Death of 19-year-old student found on IUP campus not suspicious
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- North Allegheny, Ellis School hope to defend field hockey titles
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity