West View man plunges to death
The motorist who stopped his vehicle during Thursday morning's rush hour along a busy Interstate 279 overpass in Ross and jumped to his death has been identified as a West View man, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Daniel Emerick, 57, stopped on the Levi Bird Duff Bridge at 7:22 a.m. and jumped over the side, landing in a wooded area, the spokesman said. The bridge is located about a half mile from the Bellevue-West View exit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- 5 plead guilty to charges of luring, beating man at Harrison gas station
- Connellsville wrestling tunes up for duals by routing TJ
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Convocation center booze battle rages on for California and Cal U
- Assault suspect allowed to play H.S. basketball
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Hot-shooting Cougars blitz Waynesburg
- Asked about Cuban cigars’ availability, retailers point to trade embargo
- Pitt’s acting athletic director is deft facilitator