Knoxville mother sentenced for not helping son, 11, who was beaten to death
A Knoxville woman whose boyfriend beat her 11-year-old son to death pleaded guilty Thursday to involuntary manslaughter.
Cynthia McKee, 31, will be sentenced on March 27.
Police charged Anthony Bush, 29, with beating Donovan McKee over a nine hour period at the couple's Rochelle Towers apartment in February. Police said Cynthia McKee was at work and waited nearly an hour after she arrived home and found her son unresponsive before calling 911. The boy died at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville a few hours later.
Bush is scheduled to stand trial before Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel on Jan. 28.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Armstrong County Health Center celebrates decades of care
- Armstrong Junior-Senior High School to receive National Day of Prayer blessing
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Community Foundations of Westmoreland County, Alleghenies hold joint fundraiser near Jennerstown
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Lawyers donate thousands of dollars to Pennsylvania Supreme Court race