Knoxville mother sentenced for not helping son, 11, who was beaten to death
A Knoxville woman whose boyfriend beat her 11-year-old son to death pleaded guilty Thursday to involuntary manslaughter.
Cynthia McKee, 31, will be sentenced on March 27.
Police charged Anthony Bush, 29, with beating Donovan McKee over a nine hour period at the couple's Rochelle Towers apartment in February. Police said Cynthia McKee was at work and waited nearly an hour after she arrived home and found her son unresponsive before calling 911. The boy died at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville a few hours later.
Bush is scheduled to stand trial before Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel on Jan. 28.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Gasoline prices keep falling in Western Pa.
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win