Knoxville mother sentenced for not helping son, 11, who was beaten to death
Published: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 4:58 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 24, 2013
A Knoxville woman whose boyfriend beat her 11-year-old son to death pleaded guilty Thursday to involuntary manslaughter.
Cynthia McKee, 31, will be sentenced on March 27.
Police charged Anthony Bush, 29, with beating Donovan McKee over a nine hour period at the couple's Rochelle Towers apartment in February. Police said Cynthia McKee was at work and waited nearly an hour after she arrived home and found her son unresponsive before calling 911. The boy died at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville a few hours later.
Bush is scheduled to stand trial before Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel on Jan. 28.
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Peduto secures Democratic nomination for Pittsburgh mayor
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Officials identify Homewood toddler killed in East Hills shooting
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.