Knoxville mother sentenced for not helping son, 11, who was beaten to death
A Knoxville woman whose boyfriend beat her 11-year-old son to death pleaded guilty Thursday to involuntary manslaughter.
Cynthia McKee, 31, will be sentenced on March 27.
Police charged Anthony Bush, 29, with beating Donovan McKee over a nine hour period at the couple's Rochelle Towers apartment in February. Police said Cynthia McKee was at work and waited nearly an hour after she arrived home and found her son unresponsive before calling 911. The boy died at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville a few hours later.
Bush is scheduled to stand trial before Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel on Jan. 28.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty