Coroner IDs man hit, killed by train in Derry Twp.
Published: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:30 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 26, 2013
The Westmoreland County Coroner has identified a 39-year-old man who was struck and killed by a train Thursday in Derry Township.
Donald B. McCreery of Pittsburgh Street, New Derry, was struck by a freight train at 5:58 p.m., Deputy Coroner Joshua Zappone reported.
Witnesses told authorities that they saw McCreery deliberately standing on the Norfolk Southern track as the train approached.
Merlin Funeral Home in Derry is in charge of arrangements.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Illegal dumping case continued
- Police charge 3 in burglary
- Two people shot on Amanda Street in Knoxville
- Students learn skills through simulation lab
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Elizabeth Forward’s Rachel Collage commits to Fordham
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Workshop cautions classrooms of unknown toxins in everyday items
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Alonzo Bodden: Makes you laugh (when he’s not donating kidneys)