Coroner IDs man hit, killed by train in Derry Twp.
The Westmoreland County Coroner has identified a 39-year-old man who was struck and killed by a train Thursday in Derry Township.
Donald B. McCreery of Pittsburgh Street, New Derry, was struck by a freight train at 5:58 p.m., Deputy Coroner Joshua Zappone reported.
Witnesses told authorities that they saw McCreery deliberately standing on the Norfolk Southern track as the train approached.
Merlin Funeral Home in Derry is in charge of arrangements.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Ferrante jury to come from Allegheny County