W.Va. man killed by tree in Beaver County
Published: Friday, January 25, 2013, 1:36 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 25, 2013
A West Virginia man died after a tree hit him in the head in Beaver County about 11:35 a.m. Friday, police said.
Seth McMichael, 52, of Chester was chopping down trees with family members on wooded property they own off of Hookstown Grade Road in Independence when the accident occurred, said Patrolman Robert Moltzen of the Independence Township Police Department.
Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi pronounced McMichael dead at the scene, Moltzen said.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators notebook: MacLean puts onus on veterans
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.