Bridgeville man missing since crash
Published: Friday, January 25, 2013, 6:08 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A search continued throughout the day Friday for a Bridgeville man who disappeared after calling his wife to say he was involved in a traffic crash and was walking to a gas station for help.
The wreck involving Laurie E. “John” McDonald, 81, occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Ardmore Boulevard near Digital Drive, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
Wilkinsburg police found the vehicle around 3 a.m. on Digital Drive and subsequent cellphone traces put his last known location in the same area.
Police from several municipalities and Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies conducted a search of the area, including the woods, without finding McDonald.
He is a black man about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 160 pounds with brown eyes and black hair, and wears glasses.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call 911.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Taliban offer to free U.S. soldier in prisoner exchange
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Anglers, others don’t want Kingston dam to go
- Pitt adds two more recruits
- Contractor charged with theft from Jeannette
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Three-time Emmy winner, ‘Sopranos’ star James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling