Bridgeville man missing since crash
A search continued throughout the day Friday for a Bridgeville man who disappeared after calling his wife to say he was involved in a traffic crash and was walking to a gas station for help.
The wreck involving Laurie E. “John” McDonald, 81, occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Ardmore Boulevard near Digital Drive, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
Wilkinsburg police found the vehicle around 3 a.m. on Digital Drive and subsequent cellphone traces put his last known location in the same area.
Police from several municipalities and Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies conducted a search of the area, including the woods, without finding McDonald.
He is a black man about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 160 pounds with brown eyes and black hair, and wears glasses.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call 911.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- If ‘evil’ doesn’t apply to ISIS, what does?
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park