Bridgeville man missing since crash
A search continued throughout the day Friday for a Bridgeville man who disappeared after calling his wife to say he was involved in a traffic crash and was walking to a gas station for help.
The wreck involving Laurie E. “John” McDonald, 81, occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Ardmore Boulevard near Digital Drive, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
Wilkinsburg police found the vehicle around 3 a.m. on Digital Drive and subsequent cellphone traces put his last known location in the same area.
Police from several municipalities and Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies conducted a search of the area, including the woods, without finding McDonald.
He is a black man about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 160 pounds with brown eyes and black hair, and wears glasses.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call 911.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme
- Spring Hill woman sentenced to jail for stealing, euthanizing neighbor’s dog
- Man sentenced in meth smuggling scheme
- Charleroi man accused of improper sexual contact with teen
- Earl Lloyd, 1st black player in NBA, dies at 86
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Leonard Nimoy, world famous as Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek’, dies