Bridgeville man missing since crash
A search continued throughout the day Friday for a Bridgeville man who disappeared after calling his wife to say he was involved in a traffic crash and was walking to a gas station for help.
The wreck involving Laurie E. “John” McDonald, 81, occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Ardmore Boulevard near Digital Drive, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
Wilkinsburg police found the vehicle around 3 a.m. on Digital Drive and subsequent cellphone traces put his last known location in the same area.
Police from several municipalities and Allegheny County Sheriff's deputies conducted a search of the area, including the woods, without finding McDonald.
He is a black man about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 160 pounds with brown eyes and black hair, and wears glasses.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call 911.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reports include ‘aliens’ as origin of Russian holes
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Pennsylvania sued by U.S. over police fitness tests
- Chevron puts Moon HQ plans on hold
- Albert Gallatin bus driver pleads guilty to sexual assault
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- UPMC wants lawsuit tossed in Shick case
- Rostraver police issue warning after home invasion, robbery