Butler County woman killed by boyfriend who then kills himself
A Butler County man shot his girlfriend to death while she was moving out before killing himself, state police said on Saturday.
Dean V. Clawson, 49, shot Sonja Kummer, 45, outside their Brown Road, Center, home about 1:40 a.m. Saturday, Trooper Gesuele Burello said.
Neighbors heard a commotion at the house and called state police, Burello said. When police arrived, they found Kummer on the ground dead of three shotgun wounds. Police said when they went into the home, they found Clawson dead of a self-inflicted wound from a shotgun. Their deaths were ruled a murder-suicide by the Butler County Coroner's Office.
The pair apparently argued before the shootings, Burello said, and it appeared that Kummer was taking some belongings to her car before leaving the home. Police did not know what prompted the argument, Burello said. There was no one else at the home at the time of the shootings.
State police were at the home in December for a report of an argument there, Burello said. Police said they believe the pair had been together for about six months.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man in critical condition after Manchester shooting
- Mon City man killed in WWII honored in Holland
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Allegheny Valley board candidates hold Colfax Elementary fate
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Drainage problems believed root of Ridge Road collapse in Harmar
- Champion Christian School students to present biblical-based musical
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh