Body of missing Bridgeville man found in Edgewood
The body of an 81-year-old Bridgeville man, missing since Thursday night, was recovered at 4:35 p.m. Sunday in a wooded area near the Parkway East in Edgewood, authorities said.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said authorities will conduct an autopsy on the body of Laurie “Larry” McDonald on Monday morning to determine the cause of death, but there were no preliminary indications of foul play.
McDonald was last heard from when he phoned his wife around 9 p.m. Thursday to tell her he had become lost and wrecked his car on Digital Drive near Wilkinsburg. He told her he could see a gas station and was going to walk to it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- Norwegian sails into luxury with Prestige purchase
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process