Body of missing Bridgeville man found in Edgewood
The body of an 81-year-old Bridgeville man, missing since Thursday night, was recovered at 4:35 p.m. Sunday in a wooded area near the Parkway East in Edgewood, authorities said.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said authorities will conduct an autopsy on the body of Laurie “Larry” McDonald on Monday morning to determine the cause of death, but there were no preliminary indications of foul play.
McDonald was last heard from when he phoned his wife around 9 p.m. Thursday to tell her he had become lost and wrecked his car on Digital Drive near Wilkinsburg. He told her he could see a gas station and was going to walk to it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two dead in New Kensington shooting
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Lightning causes 2 fires as storm rattles Western Pa.
- Victims sue Oakdale bar, gunman, mother in fatal shooting
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- All Pittsburgh Public Schools students to get free lunches starting this year.
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle weighs trio at 1st base
- Roundup: PetSmart considers selling itself; Peanut, almond butter recalled for salmonella risk; more