Body of missing Bridgeville man found in Edgewood
Published: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 9:48 p.m.
Updated: Monday, February 4, 2013
The body of an 81-year-old Bridgeville man, missing since Thursday night, was recovered at 4:35 p.m. Sunday in a wooded area near the Parkway East in Edgewood, authorities said.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said authorities will conduct an autopsy on the body of Laurie “Larry” McDonald on Monday morning to determine the cause of death, but there were no preliminary indications of foul play.
McDonald was last heard from when he phoned his wife around 9 p.m. Thursday to tell her he had become lost and wrecked his car on Digital Drive near Wilkinsburg. He told her he could see a gas station and was going to walk to it.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at crime scene
- Cheswick Council agrees to buy firetruck
- Chamber to become regional with merger
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Glassport council president resigns
- West Mifflin council tables plan to regulate borough resale shops
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.