Body of missing Bridgeville man found in Edgewood
The body of an 81-year-old Bridgeville man, missing since Thursday night, was recovered at 4:35 p.m. Sunday in a wooded area near the Parkway East in Edgewood, authorities said.
A spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said authorities will conduct an autopsy on the body of Laurie “Larry” McDonald on Monday morning to determine the cause of death, but there were no preliminary indications of foul play.
McDonald was last heard from when he phoned his wife around 9 p.m. Thursday to tell her he had become lost and wrecked his car on Digital Drive near Wilkinsburg. He told her he could see a gas station and was going to walk to it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’