Banksville Plaza loses power after malfunction, fire
Stores in the Banksville Plaza in Pittsburgh's Banksville section were forced to close on Monday evening after the shopping center lost electricity.
The plaza in the 3100 block of Banksville Road lost power after a piece of equipment malfunctioned and caused the utility pole on which it was attached to catch fire, said Joe Vallarian, a spokesman for Duquesne Light Co..
No injuries were reported.
Utility crews were dispatched to replace the burned pole and damaged transformer, Vallarian said.
Service is expected to be restored by 4 a.m. on Tuesday, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Instances of hacking may be up, but indictments against Chinese military impactful, experts say
- Government contests sale of GE appliance business to competitor Electrolux
- CIA station chief made mark in Indonesia
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Copper stolen from construction site at Greensburg museum