Banksville Plaza loses power after malfunction, fire
Stores in the Banksville Plaza in Pittsburgh's Banksville section were forced to close on Monday evening after the shopping center lost electricity.
The plaza in the 3100 block of Banksville Road lost power after a piece of equipment malfunctioned and caused the utility pole on which it was attached to catch fire, said Joe Vallarian, a spokesman for Duquesne Light Co..
No injuries were reported.
Utility crews were dispatched to replace the burned pole and damaged transformer, Vallarian said.
Service is expected to be restored by 4 a.m. on Tuesday, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Cole outduels Mets rookie, carries Pirates to victory
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Hempfield pair caught in vehicle scam
- Pirates notebook: Stewart, Cole develop rapport
- Online donors help Hempfield teen whose wallet was stolen
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset Twp. grocery store
- ‘Dope sick’ man in custody in Mt. Pleasant stick-up
- PennDOT puts final touches on Route 28 construction
- New Kensington Megan’s Law offender jailed on new child porn charges