Banksville Plaza loses power after malfunction, fire
Stores in the Banksville Plaza in Pittsburgh's Banksville section were forced to close on Monday evening after the shopping center lost electricity.
The plaza in the 3100 block of Banksville Road lost power after a piece of equipment malfunctioned and caused the utility pole on which it was attached to catch fire, said Joe Vallarian, a spokesman for Duquesne Light Co..
No injuries were reported.
Utility crews were dispatched to replace the burned pole and damaged transformer, Vallarian said.
Service is expected to be restored by 4 a.m. on Tuesday, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Hotel still a possibility for August Wilson Center
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- NK grocery store robbed
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: South Park’s Justin Minda, Baldwin’s Alina Stahl
- Hospitals, doctors in Pa. received $32M in 5 months from drug, medical device companies
- Murder charges dropped against sergeant who shot 2 unarmed Iraqi boys
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Cop killer to address college commencement
- Students remember former teacher for tough love