Banksville Plaza loses power after malfunction, fire
Stores in the Banksville Plaza in Pittsburgh's Banksville section were forced to close on Monday evening after the shopping center lost electricity.
The plaza in the 3100 block of Banksville Road lost power after a piece of equipment malfunctioned and caused the utility pole on which it was attached to catch fire, said Joe Vallarian, a spokesman for Duquesne Light Co..
No injuries were reported.
Utility crews were dispatched to replace the burned pole and damaged transformer, Vallarian said.
Service is expected to be restored by 4 a.m. on Tuesday, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line
- In Western Pennsylvania, cookie tables aren’t just for weddings
- Summer’s favorite caffeine kick in Pittsburgh comes from cold-brew coffee
- Kennywood’s 4-D Theater adds senses of touch, smell to moviegoing experience
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Kiski Area to host Alle-Kiski Valley 7-on-7 Passing Competition and Big Man Challenge
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Pollard, spy for Israel, to be set free
- A refusenik’s answer to Iran