Banksville Plaza loses power after malfunction, fire
Published: Monday, January 28, 2013, 8:32 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Stores in the Banksville Plaza in Pittsburgh's Banksville section were forced to close on Monday evening after the shopping center lost electricity.
The plaza in the 3100 block of Banksville Road lost power after a piece of equipment malfunctioned and caused the utility pole on which it was attached to catch fire, said Joe Vallarian, a spokesman for Duquesne Light Co..
No injuries were reported.
Utility crews were dispatched to replace the burned pole and damaged transformer, Vallarian said.
Service is expected to be restored by 4 a.m. on Tuesday, he said.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Candidates begin frantic last hours of campaigning as polls open
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.