New ‘Hatfields & McCoys’ TV series set in Pittsburgh
By Entertainment Weekly
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 11:50 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
There could be more Hatfields & McCoys coming to TV.
Following the enormous ratings from History Channel's “Hatfields & McCoys” movie (which was seen by a dizzying 14 million viewers last May), NBC has greenlit the pilot for TV series take on the feuding families.
Only this time, the story is set in modern times. Here's the logline for NBC's version of “Hatfields & McCoys”: “Set in present day Pittsburgh, a startling death re-ignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue collar McCoys will put the Hatfields' wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city.”
For more, go to Entertainment Weekly.
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Pirates starters Locke, Wandy enjoying good fortune
- Biertempfel: Pirates lefty Locke settles into rotation
- Web giants likely to battle for music fans’ attention
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Morgan Contemporary Glass’ teapots exhibit pours on the creativity
- Spirit moves McFerrin on new album
- Trout in the Classroom program reels in students
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.