Gas company sues township over permit delays in Washington County
By Timothy Puko
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 7:04 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Range Resources Corp. is taking Robinson, Washington County, to court to win approval for two gas well sites.
The Texas company's local subsidiary filed suit in a state appeals court Monday asking it to review land-use decisions from township supervisors. The company claims township officials aren't following their own laws and have illegally extended local permit hearings since November.
The company controls oil and gas rights on a 168-acre tract off of Midway Candor Road and a second 84-acre tract on Valley View Road, according to the complaint. It wants to develop both properties.
Timothy Puko is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7991 or email@example.com.
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Monessen revival boils down to money that could be difficult to secure
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Local 'drummer boys' plan march from Pittsburgh to Gettysburg
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Winter bee deaths devastate keepers
- Southmoreland seniors earn spots on All-State Band
- Earnhardt has special memories at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Nuclear plant evacuation plan raises concerns
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.